Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — Crews on Monday began demolishing the former Mervyns store at Valley Fair Mall in West Valley City. The store has been closed since 2008, the year Mervyns filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The demolition is expected to take three weeks, and a Larry H. Miller Megaplex theater will eventually be built at the location.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14