High-performance sport bottle meets the original BlenderBottle
BlenderBottle is now offering an updated SportMixer bottle, used for mixing and shaking protein powders, supplements, smoothies, meal replacements or milkshakes. The new bottle launched in November.
The SportMixer has some new high-performance details, including a no-slip rubberized SportGrip, which is convenient for in-the-car, at-the-job or at-the-gym mixing and shaking. It also provides my favorite part, a SportLoop for carrying. Both the Classic and the SportMixer contain the patented BlenderBall wire whisk, which mixes powders as well as thick ingredients. The SportsMixer is BPA free, will not absorb flavors or odors, has a leak-proof design, is dishwasher safe, and has a surgical-grade stainless steel BlenderBall. The bottle is available in a 28 oz. size, but a 20 oz. "mini size" will be available in early 2012.
As I’ve prepared (poured, shaked and mixed) and carried my own protein shake in my own SportMixer, I've enjoyed and recognized the benefits of the new design, especially when it comes to someone who is active and on the go. The SportLoop is especially convenient, as I am someone who carries drinks with me at all times. The drinking spout is a little big for my liking, but I have adapted to this feature.
Other ideas posted on the BlenderBottle website include using the bottles for salad dressings, pancake batter, lump-free gravy, French toast batter, scrambled eggs, sauces, and marinades as well as omelets and egg dishes.
The SportMixer retails for $14.99 and is available at Whole Foods, GNC and Sunflower Market. The classic BlenderBottles can also be purchased at local 24-Hour Fitness clubs. More information is at blenderbottle.com.
Kari Slade is a mother of four who enjoys spending time with her family, cycling, running, swimming and teaching Group Exercise Fitness classes at 24-Hour-Fitness.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- Varian Medical breaks ground on Salt Lake...
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top humor...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 12
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- California push to avert higher gas... 3
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 3