Rocketship helps launch products at Outdoor Retailer show
Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
Provo company Rocketship took part in a few of the releases offered by other companies at the 2012 Outdoor Retailer Winter Market in Salt Lake.
Since 2001, Rocketship Inc., a design and engineering firm, has been developing products for companies like Goal Zero, Easton and WRSI.
“We’re not engineers, but the general public would probably consider us engineers,” said Michael Horito, principal and founder of Rocketship.
The work is split between design and engineering, Horito said.
Rocketship helped design a new line of camping stoves from Riverton, Wyo.-based Primus. The Firehole stove line, named after the river in Yellowstone, features a tucked away gas line, stove lights, magnetic wind guards and compact cooking tools.
Primus plans to add a lantern to its Firehole line, which Rocketship will design.
“They’ve got people who just have vision,” said Ryan Perry, associate product manager for Primus. “They’ve got a lot of technical expertise.”
Rocketship also designed the award-winning Sherpa 50 battery pack for Goal Zero. The battery pack won an innovation award at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
John Omdahl, creative director for Rocketship, said the company’s proudest achievement is the Simple Garden, which allows people to grow plants in a small area.
- CNBC ranks Utah 3rd best state for business;...
- Utahns' satisfaction with downtown Salt Lake...
- 3 simple steps for building financial...
- UTA gains Davis County approval for bus rapid...
- Advertising firm bans employees from wearing...
- New solar panels may help power a future with...
- GOED announces incentives for 500 new Utah jobs
- Farmers markets to accept food stamps
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 11
- Utah gas prices climb 14 cents from... 9
- Backlash stirs in US against foreign... 8
- DeseretNews.com continues to see... 6
- Kearns-Tribune, Deseret News ask judge... 4
- Smith's store to anchor development at... 3
- Balancing act: Fight workplace bullying... 2
- Provo Power Plant faces demolition,... 2