Utah Jazz take exciting 108-98 win over Minnesota Timberwolves
"I think we figured them out," Watson said. "They're a unique team, great shooting team and we worked at it, worked at it, and it started clicking for us defensively. We just focused in and got the details cleaned up and made a push."
Especially Millsap and Watson, who had 12 and six points in the fourth, respectively. They both made buckets in the final two minutes to help pull away after Minnesota pulled within four at 100-96.
"We took them out of their sets, out of what they wanted to do," Millsap said of the strong finish. "We had a lot of deflections in the fourth quarter. We got out and guarded them. The effort wasn't really there the whole game, but we turned it on in the fourth quarter."
C.J. Miles had his third consecutive strong game off the bench, finishing with 18 points and making injured Josh Howard's absence less painful.
Raja Bell added 12 points, including two 3-pointers, and Devin Harris bounced back with nine points after a miserable game against Dallas on Thursday and after suffering through a bout of stomach flu on Friday.
"We're a deep team," said Harris, who brushed off trade rumors involving him. "A lot of guys can do a lot of different things. We're all fitted together and everybody has talents and you saw a little bit of display of that tonight."
The Jazz couldn't help but be impressed by the dazzling display they saw Rubio put on, either.
"Ricky's going to be a very good player," Watson said of the 21-year-old. "He's young. He sees the floor very well. He's only going to get better."
The Jazz got some nifty plays of their own from Watson, who made a tricky play while successfully laying the ball in and getting fouled by 6-11 center Nikola Pekovic.
Watson also broke a tooth while taking a charge from Rubio.
"I think Earl brings it out of us more than anybody. That's Earl's game," Harris said. "He flairs up and he brings it out of us with his energy."
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Living the dream: Controlled hoarding for a...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 121
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade... 11