Chris Pizzello, AP
PARK CITY — The name Kennedy evokes passion among many who consider the renowned Massachusetts political family American royalty. Judging from the response of fans in Park City for the premiere of a new documentary film on the current Kennedy matriarch, that passion is as strong as ever.
Throngs of fans lined the red carpet at the Municipal Athletic and Recreation Center in Park City to catch a glimpse of Ethel Kennedy and the rest of her clan who joined her at the Sundance Film festival opening of the documentary, "Ethel."
Directed by her daughter, Rory Kennedy, the feature length film chronicles the life of Robert Kennedy's widow told through the eyes of her family. The film includes candid interviews with Ethel and seven of her children and is described on the film's Facebook page as "a personal portrait of Ethel’s political awakening, the life she shared with Robert F. Kennedy, and the years following his death when she raised their eleven children on her own."
Providing an intimate inside look at one of the most famous American families, the film — scheduled for broadcast on HBO later this year — brings never-before-seen images, humorous stories, along with letters from the late Robert Kennedy to his wife and children. Many family members and friends joined the filmmaker and her mother at the premiere, including children, grandchildren, Sundance founder Robert Redford and pop star Taylor Swift.
None of the Kennedys stopped along the red carpet to talk with reporters. But the interest was still there from the throngs of photographers and the fans craning to catch a glimpse of the Sundance scene.
"It's the Kennedys, everyone's interested in the Kennedys," one fan said. "I've always been a fan of the Kennedys my whole life, that's why I'm here."
Another fan said, "I'm interested in that part of history. I grew up in that part of history."
Visit http://www.facebook.com/ETHELmovie?v=info for more information on the film.
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Missionary, police testify against man...
- Attorney general deciding whether to appeal...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in hot car...
- Trial ordered for Cameo Crispi, accused of...
- Judge postpones ruling in Park City Mountain...
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 44
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 39
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 35
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 29
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 22