Chris Pizzello, AP
PARK CITY — The name Kennedy evokes passion among many who consider the renowned Massachusetts political family American royalty. Judging from the response of fans in Park City for the premiere of a new documentary film on the current Kennedy matriarch, that passion is as strong as ever.
Throngs of fans lined the red carpet at the Municipal Athletic and Recreation Center in Park City to catch a glimpse of Ethel Kennedy and the rest of her clan who joined her at the Sundance Film festival opening of the documentary, "Ethel."
Directed by her daughter, Rory Kennedy, the feature length film chronicles the life of Robert Kennedy's widow told through the eyes of her family. The film includes candid interviews with Ethel and seven of her children and is described on the film's Facebook page as "a personal portrait of Ethel’s political awakening, the life she shared with Robert F. Kennedy, and the years following his death when she raised their eleven children on her own."
Providing an intimate inside look at one of the most famous American families, the film — scheduled for broadcast on HBO later this year — brings never-before-seen images, humorous stories, along with letters from the late Robert Kennedy to his wife and children. Many family members and friends joined the filmmaker and her mother at the premiere, including children, grandchildren, Sundance founder Robert Redford and pop star Taylor Swift.
None of the Kennedys stopped along the red carpet to talk with reporters. But the interest was still there from the throngs of photographers and the fans craning to catch a glimpse of the Sundance scene.
"It's the Kennedys, everyone's interested in the Kennedys," one fan said. "I've always been a fan of the Kennedys my whole life, that's why I'm here."
Another fan said, "I'm interested in that part of history. I grew up in that part of history."
Visit http://www.facebook.com/ETHELmovie?v=info for more information on the film.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Man who killed fiancee ordered to serve 1...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage gap is...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Troopers identify Colorado man as victim of...
- Police: Intruder attacks homeowner with...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 32
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 7