EK Ekcessories has just released their new iCat system for suspending your iPhone from your neck or waist. The iCat has been a big hit at the Outdoor Retailer Show and also last week at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Ed Kalbach started Logan, Utah-based EK Ekcessories in 1985 with a new innovative product that hung onto sunglasses frame to block snow getting into skiers eyes around their sunglasses called Cat Flaps.
"It crashed," Kalbach said, but it drove him to think of new ideas.
The first big product from EK was the Cat Straps that used a simple climbing cord and some rubber tubing to hold onto an active persons sunglasses. Today EK's newest product is the iCat system that keeps your iPhone safe and easy to access. The iCat is 100% nylon lanyard that goes around your neck and clicks into the iPhone securely.
The iCat ranges from $24.99 to $29.99 depending on the set-up. EK currently employs around a hundred employees in their Logan manufacturing warehouse and produces all of its products in Utah. EK also produces the official Harley Davidson bike tie downs and also was the official I.D. lanyard system for the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3