Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
Salt Lake City company 5 O'Clock Shadow attended Outdoor Retailer to promote its product and find stores to sell it.
The knitted face masks the company sells are designed to look like beards. They are available online at five-oclockshadow.com and at Kenco, a retail store in New York.
"The mask has a comical side and a functional side," said Brea Sorrells, co-owner of 5 O'Clock Shadow. "We find that lots of people who play different sports love it."
All of the masks are made by hand, however the company is looking to begin manufacturing them in the future. The back of the mask is cotton and polyester. It has two elastic straps to keep the mask on a person’s face.
"Keeps the moisture out and the warmth in," Sorrells said.
5 O'Clock Shadow launched locally in December 2010.
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Family fun with the top down at unique RV resort
- How to be a billionaire
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3