Achiva Native Energy provides new alternative for endurance athletes
Salt Lake City-based Achiva Native Energy introduced an endurance athlete energy product using Chia seeds and coconut water.
Achiva Native Energy uses five ingredients in their products, including unrefined sugar and sea salt.
According to Achiva, Chia seeds provide an excellent energy source becuase of their tendency to gel, helping slow digestion, allowing energy to be more consistent. Achiva also stresses the unique nutrient makeup of Chia seeds, as they are a balance of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
The founders of Achiva have been working out of home, renting commercial kitchens when needed to perfect their product. They have produced a mix you can dump in your water bottle to drink before a run. In the near future Achiva will have a jellybean like energy source for endurance athletes to take in the middle of a race or run.
It can be found in a number of running stores in Utah, or can be bought online. http://www.achivaenergy.com.
Michael Richardson is a journalist for the Deseret News.
- Housing recovery slowest since World War II,...
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- UTA seeks to hire bus drivers, other workers
- Audit cites 'inadequate oversight' in state...
- Utah jobless rate stays steady at 3.5 percent
- How students are engaging textbook companies...
- New England raking in millions from leaf peepers
- Statement released on proposed road work in...