Achiva Native Energy provides new alternative for endurance athletes
Salt Lake City-based Achiva Native Energy introduced an endurance athlete energy product using Chia seeds and coconut water.
Achiva Native Energy uses five ingredients in their products, including unrefined sugar and sea salt.
According to Achiva, Chia seeds provide an excellent energy source becuase of their tendency to gel, helping slow digestion, allowing energy to be more consistent. Achiva also stresses the unique nutrient makeup of Chia seeds, as they are a balance of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
The founders of Achiva have been working out of home, renting commercial kitchens when needed to perfect their product. They have produced a mix you can dump in your water bottle to drink before a run. In the near future Achiva will have a jellybean like energy source for endurance athletes to take in the middle of a race or run.
It can be found in a number of running stores in Utah, or can be bought online. http://www.achivaenergy.com.
Michael Richardson is a journalist for the Deseret News.
- US stock indexes pull back after a strong...
- Goldman 2Q earnings jump, helped by lower...
- Why your co-workers come to work sick
- Dave Ramsey says: Stick with paying the...
- Michelle Singletary: Like searching for...
- Local government board fostered 'culture of...
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas...
- 5 tips for a successful job interview
- Local government board fostered... 16
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 5
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas... 4
- Millions being spent gambling at 2... 3
- Goldman 2Q earnings jump, helped by... 1
- Why your co-workers come to work sick 1
- Michelle Singletary: Like searching for... 1