Achiva Native Energy provides new alternative for endurance athletes
Salt Lake City-based Achiva Native Energy introduced an endurance athlete energy product using Chia seeds and coconut water.
Achiva Native Energy uses five ingredients in their products, including unrefined sugar and sea salt.
According to Achiva, Chia seeds provide an excellent energy source becuase of their tendency to gel, helping slow digestion, allowing energy to be more consistent. Achiva also stresses the unique nutrient makeup of Chia seeds, as they are a balance of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
The founders of Achiva have been working out of home, renting commercial kitchens when needed to perfect their product. They have produced a mix you can dump in your water bottle to drink before a run. In the near future Achiva will have a jellybean like energy source for endurance athletes to take in the middle of a race or run.
It can be found in a number of running stores in Utah, or can be bought online. http://www.achivaenergy.com.
Michael Richardson is a journalist for the Deseret News.
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Paul Mero steps down as head of Sutherland...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Utah board approves winery in polygamous town...
- Park City Mountain Resort and Talisker extend...
- DABC struggles with law allowing liquor...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 15
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 10
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 7
- California push to avert higher gas... 3
- Park City Mountain Resort and Talisker... 3