"OBSESSION," by Traci Hunter Abramson, Covenant Communications, $15.99, 220 pages (f)
For Mormon author Traci Hunter Abramson, “Obsession,” released in October, marks a departure.
Abramson has written several novels featuring the “Saint Squad” of Navy SEALS.
In “Obsession,” she leaves the SEALS behind, but romance is still there. And there are Latter-day Saint law-enforcement people put in tough positions to do their jobs.
Abramson takes us inside the pop music world with singer Kendra Blake, daughter of a prominent, protective-of-his-daughter actor. Someone is obsessed with Kendra and sets off a bomb at one of her concerts, putting her at risk and alarming the authorities.
For protection, Kendra, who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is persuaded to go underground at a remote cabin in Arizona, and FBI agent Charlie Whitmore, also LDS and son of a U.S. senator, has the task of watching out for her.
Kendra, who hasn’t had a worthy boyfriend before, is impressed with Charlie’s spirituality — scripture reading and prayer — and begins to feel an attraction.
Charlie, a little gun-shy because of a failed engagement — his fiancee wanted a more prominent role for her husband than FBI agent — is attracted to Kendra, too.
As the FBI tries to find out who’s stalking Kendra, her relationship with Charlie deepens, then hits a rocky spot. But as she writes new music and deals with the stress of knowing someone wants to harm her, she must confront her feelings for Charlie, the man who shares her Mormon beliefs.
“Obsession” is a satisfying read for fans of Abramson’s novels.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 28
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9