"OBSESSION," by Traci Hunter Abramson, Covenant Communications, $15.99, 220 pages (f)
For Mormon author Traci Hunter Abramson, “Obsession,” released in October, marks a departure.
Abramson has written several novels featuring the “Saint Squad” of Navy SEALS.
In “Obsession,” she leaves the SEALS behind, but romance is still there. And there are Latter-day Saint law-enforcement people put in tough positions to do their jobs.
Abramson takes us inside the pop music world with singer Kendra Blake, daughter of a prominent, protective-of-his-daughter actor. Someone is obsessed with Kendra and sets off a bomb at one of her concerts, putting her at risk and alarming the authorities.
For protection, Kendra, who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is persuaded to go underground at a remote cabin in Arizona, and FBI agent Charlie Whitmore, also LDS and son of a U.S. senator, has the task of watching out for her.
Kendra, who hasn’t had a worthy boyfriend before, is impressed with Charlie’s spirituality — scripture reading and prayer — and begins to feel an attraction.
Charlie, a little gun-shy because of a failed engagement — his fiancee wanted a more prominent role for her husband than FBI agent — is attracted to Kendra, too.
As the FBI tries to find out who’s stalking Kendra, her relationship with Charlie deepens, then hits a rocky spot. But as she writes new music and deals with the stress of knowing someone wants to harm her, she must confront her feelings for Charlie, the man who shares her Mormon beliefs.
“Obsession” is a satisfying read for fans of Abramson’s novels.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 70
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 41
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 27
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 21
- Space and religion: How believers view... 16
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 10