With the rising numbers of women in endurance sports and the rise in popularity of the running skirt, Skirt Sports is promoting what it feels is the next big trend in women's fitness gear: the running dress.
Made of moisture-wicking, fast-drying fabric in vibrant colors and eye-popping patterns, Skirt Sports is ready to prove that women can be both athletic and feminine without compromising performance.
Its founder, Nicole DeBloom, is an Ironman Wisconsin champion, who wants women to feel as good as they look.
With the racer back detail, the running dress is designed to flatter a woman's natural physique while providing comfort during endurance events.
Customers can choose to wear tights, capris or compression shorts under the dress. While the fabric is semi-compression, women can also choose to wear their own sports bra for additional support, if necessary.
The neckline is also low and flattering without compromising support.
Its intention is to give women fashionable, functional fitness clothing that they can wear both in the gym and during everyday activities.
While the dress style has been a part of the company's line for four years, its popularity is seeing a recent surge as more high-performing female athletes are wearing the dress during competitions.
The dress retails for $75 and can be purchased online at www.skirtsports.com and at many local running stores in Utah including Wasatch Running Center, Salt Lake Running Company, and REI.
Kim Cowart is a wife, mother, 24-Hour Fitness Instructor and marathoner.
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high...
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,...
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 30
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 21
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 12
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 10
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 9
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 6