With the rising numbers of women in endurance sports and the rise in popularity of the running skirt, Skirt Sports is promoting what it feels is the next big trend in women's fitness gear: the running dress.
Made of moisture-wicking, fast-drying fabric in vibrant colors and eye-popping patterns, Skirt Sports is ready to prove that women can be both athletic and feminine without compromising performance.
Its founder, Nicole DeBloom, is an Ironman Wisconsin champion, who wants women to feel as good as they look.
With the racer back detail, the running dress is designed to flatter a woman's natural physique while providing comfort during endurance events.
Customers can choose to wear tights, capris or compression shorts under the dress. While the fabric is semi-compression, women can also choose to wear their own sports bra for additional support, if necessary.
The neckline is also low and flattering without compromising support.
Its intention is to give women fashionable, functional fitness clothing that they can wear both in the gym and during everyday activities.
While the dress style has been a part of the company's line for four years, its popularity is seeing a recent surge as more high-performing female athletes are wearing the dress during competitions.
The dress retails for $75 and can be purchased online at www.skirtsports.com and at many local running stores in Utah including Wasatch Running Center, Salt Lake Running Company, and REI.
Kim Cowart is a wife, mother, 24-Hour Fitness Instructor and marathoner.
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last year
- New solar energy project at Utah Olympic Oval...
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 6
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Future of Draper Park School building... 4
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 3
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2