With the rising numbers of women in endurance sports and the rise in popularity of the running skirt, Skirt Sports is promoting what it feels is the next big trend in women's fitness gear: the running dress.
Made of moisture-wicking, fast-drying fabric in vibrant colors and eye-popping patterns, Skirt Sports is ready to prove that women can be both athletic and feminine without compromising performance.
Its founder, Nicole DeBloom, is an Ironman Wisconsin champion, who wants women to feel as good as they look.
With the racer back detail, the running dress is designed to flatter a woman's natural physique while providing comfort during endurance events.
Customers can choose to wear tights, capris or compression shorts under the dress. While the fabric is semi-compression, women can also choose to wear their own sports bra for additional support, if necessary.
The neckline is also low and flattering without compromising support.
Its intention is to give women fashionable, functional fitness clothing that they can wear both in the gym and during everyday activities.
While the dress style has been a part of the company's line for four years, its popularity is seeing a recent surge as more high-performing female athletes are wearing the dress during competitions.
The dress retails for $75 and can be purchased online at www.skirtsports.com and at many local running stores in Utah including Wasatch Running Center, Salt Lake Running Company, and REI.
Kim Cowart is a wife, mother, 24-Hour Fitness Instructor and marathoner.
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- Failed resort embittered friends, Marc Jenson...
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Fed sees strengthening economy but stays...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 62
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80... 8
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline 7
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 4
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3