With the rising numbers of women in endurance sports and the rise in popularity of the running skirt, Skirt Sports is promoting what it feels is the next big trend in women's fitness gear: the running dress.
Made of moisture-wicking, fast-drying fabric in vibrant colors and eye-popping patterns, Skirt Sports is ready to prove that women can be both athletic and feminine without compromising performance.
Its founder, Nicole DeBloom, is an Ironman Wisconsin champion, who wants women to feel as good as they look.
With the racer back detail, the running dress is designed to flatter a woman's natural physique while providing comfort during endurance events.
Customers can choose to wear tights, capris or compression shorts under the dress. While the fabric is semi-compression, women can also choose to wear their own sports bra for additional support, if necessary.
The neckline is also low and flattering without compromising support.
Its intention is to give women fashionable, functional fitness clothing that they can wear both in the gym and during everyday activities.
While the dress style has been a part of the company's line for four years, its popularity is seeing a recent surge as more high-performing female athletes are wearing the dress during competitions.
The dress retails for $75 and can be purchased online at www.skirtsports.com and at many local running stores in Utah including Wasatch Running Center, Salt Lake Running Company, and REI.
Kim Cowart is a wife, mother, 24-Hour Fitness Instructor and marathoner.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies, alliances
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- Randy Shumway: Why so early? Holiday spending...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for future...
- The American Dream is still alive for... 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 7
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 4
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for... 2
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K... 1
- Barnes & Noble shares fall on SEC probe 1