With the rising numbers of women in endurance sports and the rise in popularity of the running skirt, Skirt Sports is promoting what it feels is the next big trend in women's fitness gear: the running dress.
Made of moisture-wicking, fast-drying fabric in vibrant colors and eye-popping patterns, Skirt Sports is ready to prove that women can be both athletic and feminine without compromising performance.
Its founder, Nicole DeBloom, is an Ironman Wisconsin champion, who wants women to feel as good as they look.
With the racer back detail, the running dress is designed to flatter a woman's natural physique while providing comfort during endurance events.
Customers can choose to wear tights, capris or compression shorts under the dress. While the fabric is semi-compression, women can also choose to wear their own sports bra for additional support, if necessary.
The neckline is also low and flattering without compromising support.
Its intention is to give women fashionable, functional fitness clothing that they can wear both in the gym and during everyday activities.
While the dress style has been a part of the company's line for four years, its popularity is seeing a recent surge as more high-performing female athletes are wearing the dress during competitions.
The dress retails for $75 and can be purchased online at www.skirtsports.com and at many local running stores in Utah including Wasatch Running Center, Salt Lake Running Company, and REI.
Kim Cowart is a wife, mother, 24-Hour Fitness Instructor and marathoner.
- Women innovators leading by example
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- 19 Mother's Day gift ideas for moms with...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Proposed trade legislation could boost Utah...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- More Americans spending at least half... 13
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 5
- Many Salt Lake residents still balk at... 4
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- Women innovators leading by example 3
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 2