The Outdoor Retailer Winter Market began Thursday with various items to toss into a backpack, including products for cooking and snacking.
Companies provided samples of different things to eat in the Outdoors for participants at the OR.
Crunchies Food Company, LLC, based out of Lake Village, Calif., created a freeze-dried fruit and vegetable snack to allow healthy snacking while roaming the outdoors. All the products are made exclusively in the United States of America.
According to a statement, Crunchies are "healthy and delicious replacements for high-calorie sweets or chips."
The snack is gluten-free, kosher certified and vegan.
-- Jetboil showed off their lightweight outdoor cooking system.
"Jetboil is the trusted and indispensable companion of those who push the limits of their endurance, and the boundaries of their experience," according to a statement from Jetboil.
The companies products use FlexRing technology and provide a compact product for easy traveling.
Jetboil was founded in 2001 when AspinWall and Perry Dowst were looking for a change in the outdoor cooking world.
The company is based out of New Hampshire.
-- Acli-Mate Forumulations, LLC has created a natural sports drink to go in a water bottle and help make the body's adjustment to higher elevations go smoothly.
Consumers can drink the product daily up until their trip to the mountains and attempt to prevent altitude sickness.
According to a statement from Acli-Mate, "No other sport drink in the world offers a specifically designed formulation for the mountain visitor and athlete."
The product is made with herbs, vitamins and electrolytes.
Acli-Mate is based in Colorado.
-- Also designed to go into a water bottle is ZipFizz. This energy drink powder, which contains as much potassium as two bananas, is low-calories and contains carbohydrates.
David Poletti, an account manager for ZipFizz Corporation, says that ZipFizz is the "No Sugar, no crash" product.
All the products are available online or at local stores.
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Family fun with the top down at unique RV resort
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- How to be a billionaire
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3