Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Park City-based company Skullcandy displayed its future packaging at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Thursday.
The new design is set to launch in March, according to Rob Layer, a marketing manager for Skullcandy.
Layer described the change as a brand re-launch, and the packaging will contain the new tagline "Supreme Sound."
Layer said that Skullcandy is "going for a new look and feel."
The company has been working with their new sound engineer to create a sound unique to Skullcandy.
New accessories and headphones will also be available beginning in March.
The Aviator headphones are will be launched in more colors than last year with the new colors available exclusively in specialty stores.
Headphones designed by Mix Master Mike from the Beastie Boys will be released in "throwback" NBA colors.
The headphones, which will have limited availability, will be available in the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls colors.
Another new set of headphones will be called the "Cassette." These headphones are a "step up from the Icon headphones," says Layer.
The Cassette headphones are designed to fit inside a hoodie or beanie, and have a microphone to answer phone calls.
Most retail stores selling Skullcandy products will receive the new packaging beginning in March.
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Review: 4 shopping apps that will save you money
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- UDOT tow plow drivers train for winter
- These two things are helping California's...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 6
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- US stocks inch further into record... 1
- The best time of year to buy (Hint:... 1