Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Park City-based company Skullcandy displayed its future packaging at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Thursday.
The new design is set to launch in March, according to Rob Layer, a marketing manager for Skullcandy.
Layer described the change as a brand re-launch, and the packaging will contain the new tagline "Supreme Sound."
Layer said that Skullcandy is "going for a new look and feel."
The company has been working with their new sound engineer to create a sound unique to Skullcandy.
New accessories and headphones will also be available beginning in March.
The Aviator headphones are will be launched in more colors than last year with the new colors available exclusively in specialty stores.
Headphones designed by Mix Master Mike from the Beastie Boys will be released in "throwback" NBA colors.
The headphones, which will have limited availability, will be available in the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls colors.
Another new set of headphones will be called the "Cassette." These headphones are a "step up from the Icon headphones," says Layer.
The Cassette headphones are designed to fit inside a hoodie or beanie, and have a microphone to answer phone calls.
Most retail stores selling Skullcandy products will receive the new packaging beginning in March.
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in Moab...
- 12 kinds of late-night office emails
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 10
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 6
- Twitter tries to block images of James... 4
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Facebook makes the most obvious move... 2