Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Park City-based company Skullcandy displayed its future packaging at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Thursday.
The new design is set to launch in March, according to Rob Layer, a marketing manager for Skullcandy.
Layer described the change as a brand re-launch, and the packaging will contain the new tagline "Supreme Sound."
Layer said that Skullcandy is "going for a new look and feel."
The company has been working with their new sound engineer to create a sound unique to Skullcandy.
New accessories and headphones will also be available beginning in March.
The Aviator headphones are will be launched in more colors than last year with the new colors available exclusively in specialty stores.
Headphones designed by Mix Master Mike from the Beastie Boys will be released in "throwback" NBA colors.
The headphones, which will have limited availability, will be available in the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls colors.
Another new set of headphones will be called the "Cassette." These headphones are a "step up from the Icon headphones," says Layer.
The Cassette headphones are designed to fit inside a hoodie or beanie, and have a microphone to answer phone calls.
Most retail stores selling Skullcandy products will receive the new packaging beginning in March.
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle to...
- US home sales growth driven mostly by Midwest
- GE announces deals worth over $1.4 billion...
- New Mexico is first to sue EPA, mine owners...
- French raid Google over 'aggravated tax...
- US biochemical engineer wins $1.2 million...
- Trump proposes wall to protect golf resort...
- AP Interview: Qatar energy minister wants...
- If Hillary becomes president, will she... 19
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle... 15
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- John Williams remembered by friends as... 8
- Trump proposes wall to protect golf... 7
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in... 7
- AP Interview: Qatar energy minister... 6
- Utah aglow with new solar developments,... 6