Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Park City-based company Skullcandy displayed its future packaging at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Thursday.
The new design is set to launch in March, according to Rob Layer, a marketing manager for Skullcandy.
Layer described the change as a brand re-launch, and the packaging will contain the new tagline "Supreme Sound."
Layer said that Skullcandy is "going for a new look and feel."
The company has been working with their new sound engineer to create a sound unique to Skullcandy.
New accessories and headphones will also be available beginning in March.
The Aviator headphones are will be launched in more colors than last year with the new colors available exclusively in specialty stores.
Headphones designed by Mix Master Mike from the Beastie Boys will be released in "throwback" NBA colors.
The headphones, which will have limited availability, will be available in the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls colors.
Another new set of headphones will be called the "Cassette." These headphones are a "step up from the Icon headphones," says Layer.
The Cassette headphones are designed to fit inside a hoodie or beanie, and have a microphone to answer phone calls.
Most retail stores selling Skullcandy products will receive the new packaging beginning in March.
- Salt Lake County rents continue to climb
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right to...
- Transportation plan focuses on mass transit...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- Report examines the needs of Utah's growing...
- Summertime and TV are heating up with new,...
- Mountain Point Medical Center opens in Lehi
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Salt Lake County rents continue to climb 9
- Why the presidential candidate who... 3
- 1 number you should check each year to... 2
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1
- Obama's trade agenda faces tougher odds... 1
- Summertime and TV are heating up with... 1
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget... 1