If you've spent time in the backcountry you know the value of each item you carry playing multiple roles.
A piece of duct tape can save from blisters, patch a tent, or secure any number of items in your pack, while a hiking pole can be used for stabilization as you hike, or as a pole for a shelter, or a probe in the snow.
K2, complete with in-house engineers and a team of athletes who provide constant feedback on product usage, debuted the Rescue Shovel Plus fall of 2011. Not only is it a shovel, but it is designed to work in conjunction with your skis as an emergency sled.
Take it further and you can even build a deadman anchor, or provide a flat platform for your stove.
Watch the following video to see how you can turn your K2 backcountry gear into a rescue sled, if, heaven forbid, you must.
Weight: 810 grams; Handle length: 25 1/4 inches; Blade dimensions: 9.5x11". Suggested retail price: $89.95
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Family fun with the top down at unique RV resort
- How to be a billionaire
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3