Sundance filmmakers 'breathe life into new stories,' Redford says
Acura, one of the festival's sponsors, was among several businesses to open its own shop on the historic Main Street. It's featuring "The Acura Studio" for the duration of the festival. Susie Rossick, brand manager for Acura, said the company felt the "independent, spirited" mission of the festival was a good match to its own.
There, an Acura TL special edition that was used in the "Avengers" film to be released in May is prominently displayed in a window and a sound studio has been set up to showcase the sound systems found in the vehicles.
"This is the first time Acura's taken over, so to speak," Rossick said. "We're really excited. Acura is not traditional luxury, but more modern luxury. It makes sense for us to be here."
The space will be open to the public during the day and then closed at night for exclusive, festival-related dinners and premiere after-parties.
The festival is known for the mix of established actors and directors and those up-and-coming in the film industry. Among the more established filmmakers showcasing their work at the festival this year are Spike Lee with his urban drama "Red Hook Summer," in which he reprises the character he played in "Do the Right Thing"; Julie Delpy with the relationship comedy "2 Days in New York," in which she stars with Chris Rock; and rapper-turned-actor Ice-T will make his directorial debut with a hip-hop history documentary.
Actors and actresses with films in the festival include: Robert De Niro, Vera Farmiga, Emily Blunt, Kirsten Dunst, Isla Fisher, David Duchonvy, Bruce Willis, Richard Gere, Bradley Cooper, Rashida Jones and Zoe Saldana.
The Sundance Film Festival continues through Jan. 28.
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- American Fork teen drowning victim identified
- BYU students took cover in bomb shelter...
- Body of 14-year-old American Fork boy...
- Report: Some Utah babies more at risk of...
- CNBC ranks Utah 3rd best state for business;...
- Woman forgives ex-boyfriend for shooting her,...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 60
- Same-sex marriage advocates to deliver... 44
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 42
- Rep. Chaffetz keeps Romney for... 41
- Mia Love labeled 'surefire winner' by... 28
- Officer who killed family had dark... 24
- West Jordan City Council passes on... 18
- Hemp oil registration cards bring hope... 12