Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
After being around for 34 years, it might not be easy to come up with new ideas. High Sierra Sport Company tries to do that through functionality, Director of Public Relations Stella Peterson said at the Outdoor Retailer Trade Expo at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City.
HSSC's backpacks have different functions that make them unique. The packs have pockets that can be detached the reattached to a different part to suit the consumer's need, Peterson said.
The packs have a main compartment, a smaller secondary compartment, moveable pockets on the side, and holders on the sides that are capable of holding items the size of ski boots.
The Vernon Hills, Ill., based company also has other luggage bags where functionality is marketed.
The bags start out as one large bag on wheels, but the rear middle part of the luggage can be taken out and used as a backpack for carry-on.
All HSSC items come with a lifetime warranty except for the wheels on luggage bags, which have a warranty of five years.
HSSC also has bags for skiers and snowboarders as well. In fact, HSSC is the official supplier of bags to the U.S. Ski Team, U.S. Snowboard and U.S. Freeskiing teams. For every ski or snowboard pack sold, a portion of that sale goes to support the U.S. teams.
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- Retail sales are up since last month
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for hiring...
- Chinese city creates cellphone sidewalk lane
- How employers can improve the nation's health
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park City,...
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Parents are short changing their girls... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Prosecutor: Plant owner OK'd tainted... 1
- 4 Reasons shoppers will shrug off Home... 1