Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
After being around for 34 years, it might not be easy to come up with new ideas. High Sierra Sport Company tries to do that through functionality, Director of Public Relations Stella Peterson said at the Outdoor Retailer Trade Expo at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City.
HSSC's backpacks have different functions that make them unique. The packs have pockets that can be detached the reattached to a different part to suit the consumer's need, Peterson said.
The packs have a main compartment, a smaller secondary compartment, moveable pockets on the side, and holders on the sides that are capable of holding items the size of ski boots.
The Vernon Hills, Ill., based company also has other luggage bags where functionality is marketed.
The bags start out as one large bag on wheels, but the rear middle part of the luggage can be taken out and used as a backpack for carry-on.
All HSSC items come with a lifetime warranty except for the wheels on luggage bags, which have a warranty of five years.
HSSC also has bags for skiers and snowboarders as well. In fact, HSSC is the official supplier of bags to the U.S. Ski Team, U.S. Snowboard and U.S. Freeskiing teams. For every ski or snowboard pack sold, a portion of that sale goes to support the U.S. teams.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric bus...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 11
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 6