Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
After being around for 34 years, it might not be easy to come up with new ideas. High Sierra Sport Company tries to do that through functionality, Director of Public Relations Stella Peterson said at the Outdoor Retailer Trade Expo at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City.
HSSC's backpacks have different functions that make them unique. The packs have pockets that can be detached the reattached to a different part to suit the consumer's need, Peterson said.
The packs have a main compartment, a smaller secondary compartment, moveable pockets on the side, and holders on the sides that are capable of holding items the size of ski boots.
The Vernon Hills, Ill., based company also has other luggage bags where functionality is marketed.
The bags start out as one large bag on wheels, but the rear middle part of the luggage can be taken out and used as a backpack for carry-on.
All HSSC items come with a lifetime warranty except for the wheels on luggage bags, which have a warranty of five years.
HSSC also has bags for skiers and snowboarders as well. In fact, HSSC is the official supplier of bags to the U.S. Ski Team, U.S. Snowboard and U.S. Freeskiing teams. For every ski or snowboard pack sold, a portion of that sale goes to support the U.S. teams.
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City...
- New solar energy project at Utah Olympic Oval...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Future of Draper Park School building uncertain
- Obama gives protection to gay, transgender...
- Project aims to improve wireless service in...
- Would you permanently leave your family for a...
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry, study...
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- Putin: US sanctions hurt bilateral... 6
- Would you permanently leave your family... 6
- Future of Draper Park School building... 4
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 3
- Weird ways our brains control our money... 3
- Microsoft CEO pivots sharply with... 2
- Project aims to improve wireless... 2