Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
After being around for 34 years, it might not be easy to come up with new ideas. High Sierra Sport Company tries to do that through functionality, Director of Public Relations Stella Peterson said at the Outdoor Retailer Trade Expo at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City.
HSSC's backpacks have different functions that make them unique. The packs have pockets that can be detached the reattached to a different part to suit the consumer's need, Peterson said.
The packs have a main compartment, a smaller secondary compartment, moveable pockets on the side, and holders on the sides that are capable of holding items the size of ski boots.
The Vernon Hills, Ill., based company also has other luggage bags where functionality is marketed.
The bags start out as one large bag on wheels, but the rear middle part of the luggage can be taken out and used as a backpack for carry-on.
All HSSC items come with a lifetime warranty except for the wheels on luggage bags, which have a warranty of five years.
HSSC also has bags for skiers and snowboarders as well. In fact, HSSC is the official supplier of bags to the U.S. Ski Team, U.S. Snowboard and U.S. Freeskiing teams. For every ski or snowboard pack sold, a portion of that sale goes to support the U.S. teams.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- 'Intern Queen' to share advice on college...
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3