Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
After being around for 34 years, it might not be easy to come up with new ideas. High Sierra Sport Company tries to do that through functionality, Director of Public Relations Stella Peterson said at the Outdoor Retailer Trade Expo at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City.
HSSC's backpacks have different functions that make them unique. The packs have pockets that can be detached the reattached to a different part to suit the consumer's need, Peterson said.
The packs have a main compartment, a smaller secondary compartment, moveable pockets on the side, and holders on the sides that are capable of holding items the size of ski boots.
The Vernon Hills, Ill., based company also has other luggage bags where functionality is marketed.
The bags start out as one large bag on wheels, but the rear middle part of the luggage can be taken out and used as a backpack for carry-on.
All HSSC items come with a lifetime warranty except for the wheels on luggage bags, which have a warranty of five years.
HSSC also has bags for skiers and snowboarders as well. In fact, HSSC is the official supplier of bags to the U.S. Ski Team, U.S. Snowboard and U.S. Freeskiing teams. For every ski or snowboard pack sold, a portion of that sale goes to support the U.S. teams.
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook for...
- Mistake or miracle: New evidence on the...
- Kennecott lays off roughly 100 workers Thursday
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- Can't catch a break: America lags behind on...
- Low US energy prices make Euro leaders see green
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- US companies challenging contraception... 19
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Obama threatens veto of Republican... 7
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook... 7