Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
Teko uses proprietary fiber combinations to make socks that inter-weave polyester with organic wool to make the socks more functional, said Sales Director Shawn Pritchett. Most other sock companies either rely on synthetics or wool.
Teko displayed its various types of socks at the Outdoor Retailer show Thursday at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City.
"We've blended the two into more of a balanced function that works across a broader range of conditions," Pritchett said. "We have the sweet spot right in the middle."
Teko socks are made to last long, be comfortable and functional.
The Bozeman, Mont.-based company has about eight employees but employs hundreds of workers in the U.S.
Pritchett said the company's products are different from other sock companies because all of its products are made in the U.S.
The fibers teko uses are sustainable and have a low ecological impact.
"The company was founded on the principles of making the best possible socks with the most sustainable practices," Pritchett said.
The company was founded in 2004 in Boulder, Colo., with the idea of being technically superior and better for the environment, Pritchett said. The idea for the organic wool and polyester blend came as a result of the environmental and technical focus.
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Review: 4 shopping apps that will save you money
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- UDOT tow plow drivers train for winter
- These two things are helping California's...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 6
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- US stocks inch further into record... 1
- The best time of year to buy (Hint:... 1
- Photos: Deseret Book winter display... 1