Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
Teko uses proprietary fiber combinations to make socks that inter-weave polyester with organic wool to make the socks more functional, said Sales Director Shawn Pritchett. Most other sock companies either rely on synthetics or wool.
Teko displayed its various types of socks at the Outdoor Retailer show Thursday at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City.
"We've blended the two into more of a balanced function that works across a broader range of conditions," Pritchett said. "We have the sweet spot right in the middle."
Teko socks are made to last long, be comfortable and functional.
The Bozeman, Mont.-based company has about eight employees but employs hundreds of workers in the U.S.
Pritchett said the company's products are different from other sock companies because all of its products are made in the U.S.
The fibers teko uses are sustainable and have a low ecological impact.
"The company was founded on the principles of making the best possible socks with the most sustainable practices," Pritchett said.
The company was founded in 2004 in Boulder, Colo., with the idea of being technically superior and better for the environment, Pritchett said. The idea for the organic wool and polyester blend came as a result of the environmental and technical focus.
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters Utah's...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could more than...
- U. appoints former state budget director to...
- RC Willey opens new store at University Place...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- Fight for $15 protests expand for... 20
- Minority of taxpayers pay majority of... 20
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Gas prices in Utah climb 15 cents above... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4