Outdoors enthusiasts know the value of having a handheld GPS system with them on hikes and backcountry expeditions. Until now, the GPS technology has not involved other outdoor communities.
Magellan GPS introduced the Switch and Switch Up Fitness Series. With the ability to create nine different customizable profiles, Multi Sport Mode allows you can create what content you want to display for all of your different outdoors activities. If you are a runner you can have a running profile, then when you want to snow shoe, switch to your snow shoe profile.
With a sensitive GPS receiver, the Switch and Switch Up tracks your position while relaying time, distance, speed/pace, elevation and calories and has the feature to link to a heart rate monitor to track the heart rate. A feature of the Switch Up, called the Vibrate Motor, will vibrate when you hit goals that you set an alert for.
The Switch and Switch Up data can be uploaded to the Magellan Fitness website and can be transferred to other fitness websites allowing your data to be used how you want.
The Magellan Switch and Switch Up are priced from $250 and $350 and will be available in Spring 2012.
Tyler Tate is the owner and writer of T Squared Action Sports. Follow @TSquaredSports
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks...
- Writers offer personal finance advice to Obama
- New app helps consumers purchase products...
- Dick Harmon: Utah analytics company breaks...
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled amid...
- Two new hotels announced for downtown Salt...
- Former middle-class moms choose new identity...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 27
- New app helps consumers purchase... 9
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 8
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 6
- Tea party tax returns show small... 5
- IRS probe ignored most influential... 5
- BLM proposes to open lands near Vernal... 4