A new goggle technology from Recon Instruments gives skiers and snowboarders real-time access to altitude, speed and other measurements inside their eyewear.
Based in Vancouver, Recon Instruments provide you with real time immediate in dash visual displays. With an unobtrusive device that is placed in the side of the goggles, the MOD or MOD Live show you your altitude, temperature, distance, jump height and drop, speed and also tracks you via GPS. All of this data is shown right in the bottom corner of the goggles.
Proper eyewear on the slopes while skiing or snowboarding is essential. Whether you use them to make a style statement or for the designed functionality, snow goggles have evolved.
Recon Instruments announced this week partnerships with Smith and Scott goggles to have an American made brand goggle that can be offered to you. I used the goggles on two runs at the Outdoor Retailer All Mountain Demo at Solitude, averaging a speed of 26 mph through the run with a 13 foot drop off a cliff and 9 F degrees outside.
Having the display in front off you allows you to be fully aware of yourself and the mountain. Imagine being in a halfpipe and knowing exactly how high off the top of the lip you are, that is what Recon Instruments provides.
Tyler Tate is the Owner and Writer for T Squared Action Sports. Follow @TSquaredSports.com
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Is preschool worth the money?
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3
- Ground broken for transit-oriented... 3