Utah State women's basketball: Aggies host Freno State Thursday in WAC home-opener
LOGAN — Utah State women's basketball team opens the home portion of its Western Athletic Conference schedule, hosting Fresno State on Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
The Aggies are coming off a big road trip with wins at New Mexico State and Louisiana Tech. The Aggies (11-5, 2-0 WAC) have won six-straight games and will now take on the always tough Bulldogs of Fresno State (13-4, 1-0 WAC). The Aggies are the only team in the league with two conference wins.
Fresno State is 12-2 against Utah State in 14 meetings. Last season, the Bulldogs beat the Aggies twice in the regular season and won a battle in the semifinals of the WAC Tournament in Las Vegas. The last time that USU beat Fresno State was a 44-40 win in Logan in 2008.
Fresno State is first the league in scoring, averaging 74.6 points per game. The Bulldogs are also first in scoring margin (plus-7.6) and assists (17.18).
KiKi Moore is first on the team in scoring, averaging 16.5 ppg, which is second in the WAC. Rosie Moult is second on the team in scoring with 12.8 ppg. Moult is first in the WAC in 3-pointers made with 46.
During Utah State’s six-game winning streak, the Aggies’ have been averaging 71.8 points per game, compared to 52.8 ppg by their opponents. A key point during the streak is that USU has been outrebounding opponents during the six-game stretch, averaging 38.0 rpg. Aggie opponents have averaged 33.7 rpg.
The Aggies have five different players averaging in double digits the last six games, led by Ashlee Brown scoring 13.2 ppg. As a team, USU is shooting 47.3 percent during the winning streak (155 of 328).
For tickets, fans can contact the USU Athletics Ticket Office at 435-797-0305 or at 1-888-U-STATE-1 (1-888-878-2831) for more information.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 47
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36