Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
PROBAR is an entirely organic, 100 percent vegan, energy food bar with zero unnatural sugars.
PROBAR displayed its new product line at the All Mountain Demo at the Outdoor Retailer Show at Solitude Mountain Resort on Wednesday.
Each bar has less than 400 calories and a net weight serving size of 3 ounces or 85 grams.
The Park City-based company currently distributes its products exclusively through Whole Foods Market. That will continue until March when the company will branch out to other vendors as well. All PROBAR products are made in the U.S.
PROBAR showcased its new line of bars to be released in March. The four new bars include flavors such as Double Chocolate, Superfruit Slam, Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip.
In talking about PROBARs, Jason Lambert, national sales and marketing manager, said the bars are a great snack for kids.
"As with all PROBARs, the Old School PB&J is perfect for kids' lunchboxes, as an after-school snack, and of course, on-the-go," Lambert said in a press release.
The whole food meal bars are made with organic flax seed and organic sunflower seeds. PROBAR aims to provide a healthy, on-the-go meal replacement food to consumers.
The energy bars should provide consumers with a boost of energy and because the bars have no unnatural sugars, they won't cause people to crash after the initial boost of energy.
The bars have been recommended by Good Morning America on ABC, Shape magazine, Runner's World magazine, and triathlete magazine.
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick meal,...
- Black Friday mayhem: A tale of humor and...
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and Giving...
- Mark Zuckerberg is taking two months...
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- Utahns urged to shift spending during Small...
- Small Business Saturday carves out place...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 10
- Pfizer, Allergan $160B deal forms... 7
- Utah liquor commission going slow on... 4
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco... 2
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic... 2
- Yahoo's CEO is running out of time to... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Living on campus... 1