Joey Ferguson, Deseret News
PROBAR is an entirely organic, 100 percent vegan, energy food bar with zero unnatural sugars.
PROBAR displayed its new product line at the All Mountain Demo at the Outdoor Retailer Show at Solitude Mountain Resort on Wednesday.
Each bar has less than 400 calories and a net weight serving size of 3 ounces or 85 grams.
The Park City-based company currently distributes its products exclusively through Whole Foods Market. That will continue until March when the company will branch out to other vendors as well. All PROBAR products are made in the U.S.
PROBAR showcased its new line of bars to be released in March. The four new bars include flavors such as Double Chocolate, Superfruit Slam, Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip.
In talking about PROBARs, Jason Lambert, national sales and marketing manager, said the bars are a great snack for kids.
"As with all PROBARs, the Old School PB&J is perfect for kids' lunchboxes, as an after-school snack, and of course, on-the-go," Lambert said in a press release.
The whole food meal bars are made with organic flax seed and organic sunflower seeds. PROBAR aims to provide a healthy, on-the-go meal replacement food to consumers.
The energy bars should provide consumers with a boost of energy and because the bars have no unnatural sugars, they won't cause people to crash after the initial boost of energy.
The bars have been recommended by Good Morning America on ABC, Shape magazine, Runner's World magazine, and triathlete magazine.
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census reveals...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business jobs
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4 percent
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Dave Ramsey says: Gaining control of your...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 14
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 7
- Smith's hopes to pass savings from... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 6
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3