Blue roundup: Rose among those competing for $100,000 toward charity
Many college basketball coaches are involved in charities that seek to serve and help the less fortunate. BYU coach Dave Rose is one of those.
For years, Rose has supported the Children With Cancer Christmas Foundation. That association took on deeper meaning after his own bout with cancer a couple of years ago.
For six weeks, the nation's top coaches will be counting on fans to assist their favorite charity. Fans can vote for Rose and the Children with Cancer Christmas Foundation in the West Region. The coaches receiving the most votes in each region gain a spot in the finals, with the winning coach receiving $100,000 toward his charity (each coach will get $5,000 for his favorite cause).
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 14
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play... 4