A New Jersey-based company called Switch has come out with sunglasses that have interchangeable magnetic lenses.
Switch lenses are made with a polycarbonate that makes them shatterproof, with a lightweight, optical grade, designed to cause water to run off, and are easy to clean.
A pair of Switch sunglasses comes with two sets of magnetic lenses: one set of polarized or non polarized primary lenses and a pair of low light Rose Amber lenses.
Switch has 10 different styles of sunglasses and has various lens types for driving, golfing, skiing, running and hiking, and speed lenses for cycling and motion sports. The purpose of the various lens types is to offer people with a quick, interchangeable way to adapt to whatever activity the user may be doing.
The magnetization of the lenses keeps the lenses firmly attached to the frames. But it also gives wearers easy access to quickly change lenses by slightly pulling the lenses off then attaching whatever pair is needed for a given condition.
If a lens gets damaged in some way, its owner need only fix or replace the lens instead of getting a new pair of sunglass.
People with corrective lenses, who don't have contact lenses, can also get prescription magnetized sun lenses.
Switch started in 2006 will be distributing sunglasses and lenses through various recreation stores in the coming months, including REI.
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Burger King Japan's latest meal is the new black
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Labor commissioner appoints new Utah OSHA...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2