A New Jersey-based company called Switch has come out with sunglasses that have interchangeable magnetic lenses.
Switch lenses are made with a polycarbonate that makes them shatterproof, with a lightweight, optical grade, designed to cause water to run off, and are easy to clean.
A pair of Switch sunglasses comes with two sets of magnetic lenses: one set of polarized or non polarized primary lenses and a pair of low light Rose Amber lenses.
Switch has 10 different styles of sunglasses and has various lens types for driving, golfing, skiing, running and hiking, and speed lenses for cycling and motion sports. The purpose of the various lens types is to offer people with a quick, interchangeable way to adapt to whatever activity the user may be doing.
The magnetization of the lenses keeps the lenses firmly attached to the frames. But it also gives wearers easy access to quickly change lenses by slightly pulling the lenses off then attaching whatever pair is needed for a given condition.
If a lens gets damaged in some way, its owner need only fix or replace the lens instead of getting a new pair of sunglass.
People with corrective lenses, who don't have contact lenses, can also get prescription magnetized sun lenses.
Switch started in 2006 will be distributing sunglasses and lenses through various recreation stores in the coming months, including REI.
- Paul Mero steps down as head of Sutherland...
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- Utah board approves winery in polygamous town...
- Park City Mountain Resort and Talisker extend...
- Fairchild Semiconductor closing Utah plant
- DABC struggles with law allowing liquor...
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely to take...
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- 10 things to know about corporate... 8
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 8
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 7
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 7
- UTOPIA mayors looking for alternative... 5
- California push to avert higher gas... 3