Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Which team exactly is Lob City?
That's the Los Angeles Clippers' nickname, but the Utah Jazz welcomed the visitors to Salt Lob City tonight in a 108-79 high-flying victory act.
The Jazz grounded the L.A. leapers and soared, literally, to their most lopsided win of the season while improving to 9-4.
That little team that could from Utah beat the Clippers on the scoreboard and the alley-oop tote board.
Jeremy Evans was on the receiving end of three alley-oop dunks — two from Earl Watson and another from Jamaal Tinsley. That was three more lob dunks than Blake Griffin had all night, by the way.
Six Jazz players ended up in double figures, led by the red-hot Paul Millsap. Two days after his impressive 26-point peformance in the win at Denver, the Jazz starting power forward scored 20 points on 7-for-11 shooting.
His counterpart, Griffin, only had 10 points on 5-for-12 shooting.
C.J. Miles came off the bench and had a strong 19 points, filling in nicely for sidelined Josh Howard (strained left quad).
Devin Harris had 13 points, Alec Burks added 11 — his second-straight double-digit outing, Al Jefferson had 10 points and 13 rebounds and Enes Kanter chipped in 10 points.
Evans finished with nine points, and Raja Bell added eight as the Jazz own their third in a row and eighth out of nine games.
L.A. played without Chris Paul and Mo Williams, but Utah went without key reserves Howard and Derrick Favors (sprained left ankle).
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37