Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Which team exactly is Lob City?
That's the Los Angeles Clippers' nickname, but the Utah Jazz welcomed the visitors to Salt Lob City tonight in a 108-79 high-flying victory act.
The Jazz grounded the L.A. leapers and soared, literally, to their most lopsided win of the season while improving to 9-4.
That little team that could from Utah beat the Clippers on the scoreboard and the alley-oop tote board.
Jeremy Evans was on the receiving end of three alley-oop dunks — two from Earl Watson and another from Jamaal Tinsley. That was three more lob dunks than Blake Griffin had all night, by the way.
Six Jazz players ended up in double figures, led by the red-hot Paul Millsap. Two days after his impressive 26-point peformance in the win at Denver, the Jazz starting power forward scored 20 points on 7-for-11 shooting.
His counterpart, Griffin, only had 10 points on 5-for-12 shooting.
C.J. Miles came off the bench and had a strong 19 points, filling in nicely for sidelined Josh Howard (strained left quad).
Devin Harris had 13 points, Alec Burks added 11 — his second-straight double-digit outing, Al Jefferson had 10 points and 13 rebounds and Enes Kanter chipped in 10 points.
Evans finished with nine points, and Raja Bell added eight as the Jazz own their third in a row and eighth out of nine games.
L.A. played without Chris Paul and Mo Williams, but Utah went without key reserves Howard and Derrick Favors (sprained left ankle).
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Rodney Hood, Dante Exum highlight Utah Jazz...
- Contract delay keeps Utah Jazz rookie Trey...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Utah Utes enjoy banner year as seven teams...
- BYU Cougars finish year with five ranked...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- You don't know Jack (Cooley)? Learn about...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 101
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 86
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 31
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 23