Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Apache helicopters from the Utah National Guard's 1st Battalion 211th Aviation Attack depart for Fort Hood, Texas, from Utah on Tuesday. Twelve total helicopters left for training for a one-year deployment. This is the second deployment for the battalion, which will eventually be stationed in Afghanistan after training.
The battalion provides statewide aviation support to civil authorities for emergency preparedness and other homeland security operations, according to the National Guard website.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14