Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Apache helicopters from the Utah National Guard's 1st Battalion 211th Aviation Attack depart for Fort Hood, Texas, from Utah on Tuesday. Twelve total helicopters left for training for a one-year deployment. This is the second deployment for the battalion, which will eventually be stationed in Afghanistan after training.
The battalion provides statewide aviation support to civil authorities for emergency preparedness and other homeland security operations, according to the National Guard website.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11