Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News.
As a newlywed, I volunteered as a hostess on Temple Square doing the “nail drop” demonstration, highlighting the amazing acoustics of the Tabernacle. It was a fun thing to do once a week, and I enjoyed meeting hundreds of tourists who came to see what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had to offer.
Now — some 30-years later — I’m back on Temple Square meeting myriad amazing young sister missionaries who serve there every day, all day. But their schedule is much more intense and varied — and their mission is unlike any other in the church.
This week on Mormon Times TV, we take a look at the unique Temple Square Mission with its 200 sisters serving from 55 nations, many of whom speak multiple languages. You’ll see what they do, and how they avoid the drama that could accompany having so many women all in one place 24-7. Plus we’ll show you how they’re using technology to spread the gospel and stay in touch with the people they meet from all over the world.
Also on Sunday's show, you’ll see how fashions for sister missionaries have changed with the times. They’re now up-to-date with a new dress and grooming website. You’ll get a look and see how to log on for the latest standards.
We’re commemorating the centennial anniversary of this amazing program. You’ll hear from teachers and students who say seminary is still life-changing, even 100 years later.
Plus, Richard and Linda Eyre will help us maneuver that tricky balance between work and family. And Alisa Bangerter will be along with some great family home evening ideas to engage your children.
The Mormon Times television show airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV, following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at www.ksltv.com. Just click on the Mormon Times tab on the light blue header at the top, where you can watch past episodes. You can also follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV.
Michelle King is the host of Mormon Times TV that airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New collaboration helps track pioneer...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's influence...
- Thirty countries require leaders to belong to...
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch indexing...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 19
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 4
- Having trouble understanding the Bible?... 4
- Seventh-day Adventist leader calls on... 3