An interview with Napoleon Dynamite, and an expletive on 'Modern Family'
“Napoleon Dynamite” is now a cartoon.
More than seven years after the movie found an audience, the animated version debuted on Fox.
As part of the media hype, New York Magazine’s Steve Marsh interviewed Jon Heder, the star of the movie and the voice of the animated series. Aside from the new show, topics covered in the question-and-answer session include Heder’s career and fellow Mormon Mitt Romney’s presidential candidacy.
When asked if being a Mormon was the reason he avoided raunchy material, Heder said "absolutely."
“It comes from how I was raised. It’s just kind of who I am,” Heder told Marsh. “These are the standards I live by and whatever comes my way in the future, whether filmmaking or animation or whatever, I’m going to do my best to live by those standards.”
Elsewhere, however, Entertainment Weekly is reporting the next episode of “Modern Family,” titled “Little Bo Bleep,” will showcase a toddler using "the worst of George Carlin’s famous Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television."
“It might be the first time in a scripted family broadcast TV series where a child has said the F-word,” James Hibberd wrote in an article.
Alessandra Stanley recently featured the show “Are You There, Chelsea?” in a New York Times article that referenced Chelsea Handler's comic persona as a "foul-mouthed lush."
“Ms. Handler is not the first woman to build a career on crude, offensive and often demeaning jokes about men, sex and substance abuse, but she is one of the most persuasive and committed — few performers can stay as fixedly in character as a hard-drinking, man-eating misanthrope," Stanley wrote.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Erin Stewart: How to survive your...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Sherry Young: The world is indeed a glorious...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for your kids
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- 'The Addams Family' has clever Utah Valley...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015 1
- Miss America: More to worry about than... 1