Lingotek, a Lehi-based translation company, announced two new offices in North America and the hire of three director-level team members to meet the company's demand for translations.
The company works in a $30 billion industry that has experienced an annual growth of 14 percent, which necessitated Lingotek’s expansion.
“Companies recognize that accessing new markets around the world is key to remaining competitive in today’s challenging economy,” Rob Vandenberg, president and chief executive officer of Lingotek, said in a statement. “To successfully penetrate unchartered markets, businesses are becoming increasingly aware of the inherent value in high-quality translation and localization."
The company has moved from its Draper location to new headquarters in Lehi. The move accommodates a larger workfoces and allows easier access to neighbor companies like Adobe and Microsoft.
To advance its presence within the federal government, the company opened an office in Washington, D.C.
Adam Wooten, a translation technology adjunct professor at BYU, joined the company as director of translation services. Larry Furr, Lingotek’s director of product management, will team with Wooten at the Lehi headquarters.
Joseph Wood, former senior systems engineer for nonprofit private investment firm In-Q-Tel, will join the D.C. office as the company’s director of engineering.
“Our expanded staff and new headquarters are integral components to Lingotek’s growth strategy going forward,” Vandenberg said in a statement. “Lingotek is poised to go the distance in the evolving global translation industry.”
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah...
- Dave Ramsey says: An emergency fund...
- Obama declares health care law is... 19
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3