SAN DIEGO — Charles Abouo has scored a team-high 10 points as BYU leads San Diego at halftime, 37-29, at Jenny Craig Pavilion.
Brock Zylstra drained a 3-pointer with three seconds left in the first half to give the Cougars their biggest lead of the game.
BYU struggled in the early going, scoring just one field goal through the first five minutes of the game and trailed, 9-2. The Cougars made only one their first 10 shots. Craig Cusick, Noah Hartsock and Matt Carlino each buried a 3-pointer as BYU started a 9-0 run.
The Cougars took their first lead, 19-17, with 9:48 left in the half and did not relinquish it.
Stephen Rogers injured his knee with about seven minutes left in the first half and came out of the game.
San Diego's Dennis Kramer has scored a game-high 11 points.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 104
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19