Blue roundup: Reynolds, Stephenson receive ESPN honors
"Reynolds had one of the best plays during bowl season in the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl against Tulsa," writes Andrea Adelson. "Reynolds delivered a hit with his helmet off as quarterback Riley Nelson scrambled away from pressure. That hit allowed Nelson to find Cody Hoffman in the end zone with 12 seconds to go before halftime to close the Cougars' deficit to 14-10. BYU ended up winning, 24-21."
"Riley Stephenson punted eight times for 335 yards in BYU's 24-21 Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl win over Tulsa, but the 41.9-yard average tells only half the story," writes Matt Fortuna in the same article. "The Golden Hurricanes were forced to start seven drives inside their own 20, including three inside their own 10. On their second-to-last drive, up 21-17 with 8:05 left, they were forced to start at their own 1 after Stephenson's punt fell dead in front of the goal line. Twenty-two yards and nearly four minutes later, Tulsa punted, with JD Falslev returning it 22 yards to the Tulsa 48. It set up BYU's game-winning touchdown drive that ended with 11 seconds left."
Former BYU basketball coach Steve Cleveland, now a BYUtv commentator, reflects on a defining moment in his coaching career.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 85
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26