Blue roundup: Reynolds, Stephenson receive ESPN honors
"Reynolds had one of the best plays during bowl season in the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl against Tulsa," writes Andrea Adelson. "Reynolds delivered a hit with his helmet off as quarterback Riley Nelson scrambled away from pressure. That hit allowed Nelson to find Cody Hoffman in the end zone with 12 seconds to go before halftime to close the Cougars' deficit to 14-10. BYU ended up winning, 24-21."
"Riley Stephenson punted eight times for 335 yards in BYU's 24-21 Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl win over Tulsa, but the 41.9-yard average tells only half the story," writes Matt Fortuna in the same article. "The Golden Hurricanes were forced to start seven drives inside their own 20, including three inside their own 10. On their second-to-last drive, up 21-17 with 8:05 left, they were forced to start at their own 1 after Stephenson's punt fell dead in front of the goal line. Twenty-two yards and nearly four minutes later, Tulsa punted, with JD Falslev returning it 22 yards to the Tulsa 48. It set up BYU's game-winning touchdown drive that ended with 11 seconds left."
Former BYU basketball coach Steve Cleveland, now a BYUtv commentator, reflects on a defining moment in his coaching career.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26