VERNAL — Police are hoping the public can help them find an Arizona man who was last heard from after boarding a Greyhound bus in Vernal on New Year's Eve.
Mark Allen Mussack, 41, was dropped off at the bus stop on Dec. 31 by his wife, Shonna Luck. The couple has been separated for three years, and Mussack had just driven a rental truck from his home in Tempe to Vernal with the couple's 9-year-old son and some of his wife's belongings.
"This is not like him," Luck said Wednesday. "You don't want to put the bad things in your head that could go wrong, but it's been 11 days and no one's heard anything from him at all."
Mussack sent text messages to his wife and a friend while he was on the bus, and also called his mother in Tempe, said Vernal Police Sgt. Vance Norton. Cell phone records also place Mussack in Denver, which was one of the Greyhound stops on the way to Arizona, the sergeant said.
There as been no activity on Mussack's bank account since Dec. 31, Norton said. And when Tempe police checked his home after the missing-persons report was filed Jan. 4, all they found was a very hungry cat.
"He left Arizona on Dec. 30 and was expecting to be home on Dec. 31," Norton said. "It doesn't look like he expected to be gone a long time."
Norton said Mussack's mother has cancer and her son was taking her to her medical appointments. Mussack's boss also told police that he was a good employee who would never miss work without calling in.
"It's like he dropped off the face of the earth," Norton said.
Mussack is 6 feet 5 inches tall, weighs 200 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information about him should call the Vernal Police Department at 435-789-5835.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 70
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16