VERNAL — Police are hoping the public can help them find an Arizona man who was last heard from after boarding a Greyhound bus in Vernal on New Year's Eve.
Mark Allen Mussack, 41, was dropped off at the bus stop on Dec. 31 by his wife, Shonna Luck. The couple has been separated for three years, and Mussack had just driven a rental truck from his home in Tempe to Vernal with the couple's 9-year-old son and some of his wife's belongings.
"This is not like him," Luck said Wednesday. "You don't want to put the bad things in your head that could go wrong, but it's been 11 days and no one's heard anything from him at all."
Mussack sent text messages to his wife and a friend while he was on the bus, and also called his mother in Tempe, said Vernal Police Sgt. Vance Norton. Cell phone records also place Mussack in Denver, which was one of the Greyhound stops on the way to Arizona, the sergeant said.
There as been no activity on Mussack's bank account since Dec. 31, Norton said. And when Tempe police checked his home after the missing-persons report was filed Jan. 4, all they found was a very hungry cat.
"He left Arizona on Dec. 30 and was expecting to be home on Dec. 31," Norton said. "It doesn't look like he expected to be gone a long time."
Norton said Mussack's mother has cancer and her son was taking her to her medical appointments. Mussack's boss also told police that he was a good employee who would never miss work without calling in.
"It's like he dropped off the face of the earth," Norton said.
Mussack is 6 feet 5 inches tall, weighs 200 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information about him should call the Vernal Police Department at 435-789-5835.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 'To this day, I don't believe I did it': War...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 153
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 58
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 44
- Police release names of officers... 30
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 28
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18