Dave Clark launches bid for Congress at St. George economic summit
Ravell Call, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — Former Utah House Speaker Dave Clark launched his campaign for the 2nd Congressional District seat Wednesday.
Clark, a Republican, made the announcement at the Washington County Economic Summit. He said Congress has lost the faith of Utahns and the American people by becoming mired in debt, deficits and distrust.
First elected to the state House in 2000, Clark has served as both majority leader and speaker, as well as the chairman of the Health Reform Task Force. He was replaced as speaker in 2010 by Rep. Becky Lockhart, R-Provo, in a close vote.
During the recent redrawing of the state's congressional districts to reflect the 2010 census, Clark pushed for new 2nd District boundaries that would make it more likely for a southern Utahn to win the seat.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17