Dave Clark launches bid for Congress at St. George economic summit
Ravell Call, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — Former Utah House Speaker Dave Clark launched his campaign for the 2nd Congressional District seat Wednesday.
Clark, a Republican, made the announcement at the Washington County Economic Summit. He said Congress has lost the faith of Utahns and the American people by becoming mired in debt, deficits and distrust.
First elected to the state House in 2000, Clark has served as both majority leader and speaker, as well as the chairman of the Health Reform Task Force. He was replaced as speaker in 2010 by Rep. Becky Lockhart, R-Provo, in a close vote.
During the recent redrawing of the state's congressional districts to reflect the 2010 census, Clark pushed for new 2nd District boundaries that would make it more likely for a southern Utahn to win the seat.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 25
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14