Dave Clark launches bid for Congress at St. George economic summit
Ravell Call, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — Former Utah House Speaker Dave Clark launched his campaign for the 2nd Congressional District seat Wednesday.
Clark, a Republican, made the announcement at the Washington County Economic Summit. He said Congress has lost the faith of Utahns and the American people by becoming mired in debt, deficits and distrust.
First elected to the state House in 2000, Clark has served as both majority leader and speaker, as well as the chairman of the Health Reform Task Force. He was replaced as speaker in 2010 by Rep. Becky Lockhart, R-Provo, in a close vote.
During the recent redrawing of the state's congressional districts to reflect the 2010 census, Clark pushed for new 2nd District boundaries that would make it more likely for a southern Utahn to win the seat.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 27
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17