BYU football: Cougar commit Dylan Collie's senior year takes an unexpected turn
“I’m no Tanner Mangum, that’s for sure,” laughed Collie. “I have a decent arm, though, but my accuracy could use a lot of work. Looking back, I’m grateful to have had that experience — it was fun. I think it helped a lot knowing that it wasn’t my last year, that I’d have a chance to play wide receiver again for four years at BYU.”
A lot of the players Collie will be playing with while at BYU will be in Provo this coming weekend on their official visits. Since committing back in late May, Collie has gone about forging friendships with his fellow commits while doing his best to help with the recruiting effort.
“I know almost everyone that will be there this weekend very well, but there’s a couple of guys I’m anxious to get to know better,” he said. “Guys like Butch Pau’u and Phillip Amone are guys that I’ve talked with and whom I consider to be friends, but I want to get to know them better for sure.”
Collie is also anxious to get to BYU after graduating to form some good synergy with BYU’s presumed starting quarterback in 2012, Riley Nelson.
“I love how Riley plays and how he competes,” Collie observed. “You want to play with a guy like that, and I’ve been very impressed with what he was able to do after he became the starter. I’m very excited to start practicing with him, and I’m excited about the future of BYU football and I‘m very honored to have the chance to be a part of their great program.”
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34