Mormon Choral release debuts No. 1 on Billboard Classical Traditional chart
Provided by the Mormon Choral Organization
"Messiah in America," an album produced by Mormon Choral Organizations, recently debuted on Billboard’s Traditional Classical Albums music chart at No. 1. It was also on the Classical Albums list at No. 7.
MCO is one of the largest choral/orchestra performing groups in the world with more than 1,300 participants in Arizona and California.
"This is incredible news for our organization and for hundreds of performers that worked tirelessly to make this album a reality," Jeff Crandall, managing director of East Valley Mormon Choral Organization, stated in a news release. "That's a tremendous feat for a volunteer-driven organization."
The oratorio, written by composer and MCO co-founder Brett Stewart, is based on the Book of Mormon account of Jesus Christ's visit to the ancient inhabitants of the American continent. The production includes 34 movements recorded by 700 singers and instrumentalists from MCO's choirs, children's choirs and symphony orchestra.
"This is a professional and an enormous undertaking in many ways, and we are so pleased with the acceptance, enthusiasm and support we've seen so far," said Susan Stephensen, MCO executive director, in the news release. "It's simply amazing to think of what roads lie ahead for Mormon Choral Organizations and the lives that will be touched by adding such inspired music into their homes."
"When Words Fade" by Anderson & Roe, was No. 2 on the Traditional Classical Albums chart and "Sharon Isbin & Friends: Guitar Passions" by Sharon Isbin was No. 3 with "Downtown Abbey" soundtrack was No. 4. "This is the Christ" by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square was No. 13 and has spent 30 weeks on the chart.
"Messiah in America" is available through iTunes, Amazon, CD Baby and select local retailers in Arizona and California. For more about "Messiah in America," visit www.messiahinamerica.com.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- What the LDS Church said about the Supreme...
- Nate Sharp: 'Miraculous events' led to...
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- Tabernacle Choir performs in the rain near...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- 3 religions, 3 approaches to forgiveness in...
- Memorable sermons from LDS leaders in fewer...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- What the LDS Church said about the... 177
- When Satan steals your motherhood 69
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 59
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Where were the Twelve Apostles when... 34
- Washington Cathedral dean on... 8
- Episcopal Church elects first black... 6