MT. PLEASANT, Sanpete County — Three people believed to have knowledge about the robbery of a Mt. Pleasant couple were charged with felonies Friday. The couple was shot and killed during the burglary at their home.
Logan Welles McFarland, 24, was charged earlier this month with burglarizing the Sanpete County home of Woody and Ann Fullwood. Days later, he and Angela Marie Hill, 25, were arrested near the small town of Oasis, Nev.
Police say the couple went on a crime spree that started in Utah and included a carjacking in Wendover. Hill, also known as Angela Atwood, was charged in Nevada with attempted murder for allegedly shooting the carjacking victim as the woman escaped her captors and drove away.
Both Hill and McFarland were also charged in Nevada with kidnapping, robbery and other charges. The two are considered suspects in the deaths of the Fullwoods in Utah, but no murder charges have yet been filed.
But three additional Sanpete County residents now face charges in connection with the Dec. 29 burglary when the Fullwoods were killed: Larry McFarland, 27, Allison Boudreaux, 55, and Damien Flores, 20.
Some time after the killings, Flores called police and reported that he had information relating to a crime in Mt. Pleasant, according to a police affidavit filed in Logan McFarland's case.
He identified Logan McFarland from a photo Flores saw in an online news story, the affidavit states, and told police that on Dec. 29, he was at a party with Hill and Logan McFarland. Flores told police the pair asked to borrow Boudreaux's 1997 Plymouth Breeze "to go to Mt. Pleasant to a 'friend's house.'"
Flores said the pair borrowed the car around 8 p.m. that night and returned just after midnight.
"Mr. Flores said Mr. (Logan) McFarland spoke to him within the residence and bragged to him about having acquired firearms and money, but did not indicate how or where he acquired them," the affidavit states.
Flores said he then went to bed and Boudreaux woke him around 6 a.m. on Dec. 30 to tell him that her car was missing. Flores tried, unsuccessfully, to reach Logan McFarland and ultimately told the man via text message that he would call police if he didn't return the car immediately, according to the affidavit.
Soon after, a man who identified himself as Larry McFarland called Flores and told him Boudreaux's car was on I-15 near Santaquin, the affidavit states. Flores and another woman retrieved the car and found what looked like a jewelry box, a grill, a black plastic box and a metal container in the trunk. According to the affidavit, Flores feared the items were stolen and made the decision to burn everything but the black box and metal container.
Items found in a car, including jewelry, were linked to the Fullwoods.
• Larry McFarland — believed to be Logan McFarland's brother — was charged in 6th District Court Friday with obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony. The charges only indicate the crime occurred Dec. 30 in Sanpete County.
He was also charged with purchase, transfer or use of a firearm by a restricted person, a third-degree felony, for an unspecified Jan. 4 event. He was also charged Friday with altering the number on a pistol or revolver, a class A misdemeanor, on Dec. 30.
• Boudreaux is facing six charges, all related to unspecified events on Dec. 29 or 30 in Sanpete County: aggravated burglary of a dwelling, a first-degree felony; obstructing justice, being a felon in possession of a firearm and possession of stolen property, second-degree felonies; possession or use of a controlled substance, a third-degree felony; and tampering with evidence, a class A misdemeanor.
• Flores faces the same six charges as Boudreaux. He was also charged with two counts of possession or use of a controlled substance, a class B misdemeanor.
The possession or use of a controlled substance crimes occurred Jan. 1, the charges state.
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Sex abuse claims against Utah educator who...
- West Jordan boy loses battle with leukemia,...
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out of...
- Three amendments to Utah Constitution on the...
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt 6...
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- SLC man builds 2,000-pound, fiire-breathing...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 55
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in... 52
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 22
- Low SAGE scores 'not a surprise' in... 18
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 18
- Did officer who shot Darrien Hunt use... 17
- Sex abuse claims against Utah educator... 16