"IDENTITY," by Betsy Love, Walnut Springs Press, $17.99, 310 pages (f)
Many people in the world believe they have a twin, or doppelganger, somewhere out there. The question for some is, what would it be like to meet myself? Betsy Love, a new writer of Mormon adventure stories, takes this premise as the basis for her new and exciting book, “Identity.”
Amelia, a 24-year old wealthy heiress, is engaged to the loving but short-sighted Brent. Trying to make his mark in the business world, Brent makes a few questionable decisions in truthfulness. Misunderstanding some of his choices, Amelia decides to leave her fiancÉ and return home alone from their romantic Mexican vacation.
At the same time Savannah, a young woman who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is returning home from a vacation to Mexico with her best friend. A series of events has helped Savannah decide it is time for her to go on a mission for the LDS Church.
The two young women find themselves on the same plane back to the United States, seated in the same aisle. To their amazement, they look almost exactly alike. When the flight has a mishap and crashes, one of the women is found alive. But which one is it?
Has Savannah lost the memory of all that is dear to her or is Amelia, suffering from amnesia, plunged into an environment that is foreign and almost impossible to understand?
What follows is a taut, well-written story of family, patience and the power of love in overcoming the tragedies of life. The author shows a great flair for adventure and mystery as she writes of the trials and victories in the lives of these interesting characters.
While ostensibly a book written for Latter-day Saints, “Identity” can be enjoyed by all who love a good mystery. This book packs a punch that can seldom be found in the works of most first-time writers. Love uses the lives of regular LDS people to tell a story that will be exciting, engaging and inspiring.
“Identity” is a clean, wholesome story that will entertain readers of all ages. It will be interesting to see if the next book by Betsy Love carries on with the promise of this first effort.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 69
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 49
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 48
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- Faith-based nonprofits will likely land... 23
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15