LOS ANGELES — BYU, looking for its first-ever West Coast Conference road victory, is tied with Loyola Marymount, 34-34, at the Gersten Pavilion Thursday night.
BYU is shooting a miserable 35 percent from the field, and 2-of-13 from 3-point territory.
The Cougars' Brandon Davies leads all scorers with 11 points, but he also has a pair of fouls. Drew Viney has scored a team-high 10 points for the Lions.
BYU jumped out to a 15-10 lead as Davies and Charles Abouo combined to score 13 of those points.
The Cougars were up 21-17 before the Lions scored 12 straight points over a three-minute stretch, including back-to-back 3-pointers by Anthony Ireland, to seize a 29-23 advantage with eight minutes left in the first half. LMU drilled 11 of its first 19 shots from the floor.
Junior Stephen Rogers entered the game midway through the first half, playing for the first time since undergoing knee surgery in mid-December. Rogers logged four minutes. He's missed two field goals, but made both of his free throw attempts.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28