Nancy Alder, provided by the Whiffenpoofs
Yale University's Whiffenpoofs, the oldest and best-known collegiate a cappella group, will perform a special concert with Provo-based Noteworthy.
The concert will be held Jan. 7, 7:30 p.m., in Westminster College's Vieve Gore Concert Hall, 1840 S. 1300 East.
Contrasting in both sound and history, the male Whiffenpoofs and the all-female a cappella ensemble of Noteworthy have received recent national acclaim through participation in NBC's "The Sing-Off" competition.
The Whiffenpoofs, founded in 1909, give over 200 national and international performances each year. Noteworth appeared on the music scene in 2003 and has since received numerous national and international awards.
Tickets are $20 for general admission and $10 for students. Visit www.whiffenpoofs.com for tickets or additional information.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- A crash course in 'Star Trek' for non-Trekkies
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew... 1
- Turning the corner? E-book revenue... 1