"I love and loathe BYU sports: I loved how people got all lathered up when the Cougars came to town; I loathe that it no longer happens," writes Ron Kantowski. "Love 'em or loathe 'em, BYU was good for business, and these conference shuffles and shake-ups are not. Not if the only option is to play a conference game against Marshall."
Meanwhile, BYU returns to West Coast Conference action tonight at Loyola Marymount, and it will rely heavily on point guard Matt Carlino.
Carlino is profiled in a recent SportsIllustrated.com feature titled "Jimmer Who?"
"Surely, Carlino's 15.0 points per game have helped him win acceptance, and they may well help the Cougars become an NCAA tournament sleeper," writes Luke Winn.
Watch the WCC's online show, "The Road to Las Vegas," that takes an inside look at the league's basketball programs.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28