"I love and loathe BYU sports: I loved how people got all lathered up when the Cougars came to town; I loathe that it no longer happens," writes Ron Kantowski. "Love 'em or loathe 'em, BYU was good for business, and these conference shuffles and shake-ups are not. Not if the only option is to play a conference game against Marshall."
Meanwhile, BYU returns to West Coast Conference action tonight at Loyola Marymount, and it will rely heavily on point guard Matt Carlino.
Carlino is profiled in a recent SportsIllustrated.com feature titled "Jimmer Who?"
"Surely, Carlino's 15.0 points per game have helped him win acceptance, and they may well help the Cougars become an NCAA tournament sleeper," writes Luke Winn.
Watch the WCC's online show, "The Road to Las Vegas," that takes an inside look at the league's basketball programs.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 10
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7