'Singles Ward' actor Will Swenson engaged to actress, singer Audra McDonald
Audra McDonald, of ABC’s “Private Practice,” is engaged to Broadway star and "Singles Ward" actor Will Swenson. According to PlayBill.com, the couple became engaged on New Year’s Day.
"Thanks 4 all of the sweet congrats on our engagement. We're super happy and excited," McDonald tweeted on Jan. 3.
Us Weekly reported that the couple met in 2007 while co-staring in the Broadway revival of “110 in the Shade," and began dating in 2010.
McDonald, a four-time Tony Award winner, and Swenson, 38, reprised their roles for a two-week run of the show at the Hale Center Theater Orem in 2010. In an interview with the Deseret News, McDonald, 41, said that their early encounters were through play dates with their children.
McDonald was featured in 2004 with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square during the Christmas concert.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew about guns
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy: Q&A 2
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1