Blue roundup: BYUtv offers up look at greatest plays of 2011
BYU's inaugural season of independence was filled with many memorable moments, from game-winning, last-minute touchdown passes by Riley Nelson, to Matt Reynolds' helmet-less block, to Cody Hoffman's kickoff return for a touchdown.
Watch the greatest plays from the '11 campaign, courtesy of BYUtv's True Blue.
ESPN.com's Andy Katz offers a preview of the West Coast Conference basketball season.
"BYU has the talent to win the WCC, but coach Dave Rose is concerned that none of his players have played in any of the league's unique gyms," Katz writes. "Then again, none of the WCC players have experienced the raucous Marriott Center, either. Fact is, the Cougars are a different team now with UCLA transfer Matt Carlino as the do-everything guard. He is a playmaker and is averaging 17.3 points and 4.8 assists in the first four games of his college career. If Carlino had been eligible from the start, BYU would've likely won its opener at Utah State and at least come closer against Wisconsin."
Sacramento Kings rookie Jimmer Fredette scored a team-high, and career-high 17 points in a losing effort Tuesday night.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 19
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7