Blue roundup: BYUtv offers up look at greatest plays of 2011
BYU's inaugural season of independence was filled with many memorable moments, from game-winning, last-minute touchdown passes by Riley Nelson, to Matt Reynolds' helmet-less block, to Cody Hoffman's kickoff return for a touchdown.
Watch the greatest plays from the '11 campaign, courtesy of BYUtv's True Blue.
ESPN.com's Andy Katz offers a preview of the West Coast Conference basketball season.
"BYU has the talent to win the WCC, but coach Dave Rose is concerned that none of his players have played in any of the league's unique gyms," Katz writes. "Then again, none of the WCC players have experienced the raucous Marriott Center, either. Fact is, the Cougars are a different team now with UCLA transfer Matt Carlino as the do-everything guard. He is a playmaker and is averaging 17.3 points and 4.8 assists in the first four games of his college career. If Carlino had been eligible from the start, BYU would've likely won its opener at Utah State and at least come closer against Wisconsin."
Sacramento Kings rookie Jimmer Fredette scored a team-high, and career-high 17 points in a losing effort Tuesday night.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33