Blue roundup: BYUtv offers up look at greatest plays of 2011
BYU's inaugural season of independence was filled with many memorable moments, from game-winning, last-minute touchdown passes by Riley Nelson, to Matt Reynolds' helmet-less block, to Cody Hoffman's kickoff return for a touchdown.
Watch the greatest plays from the '11 campaign, courtesy of BYUtv's True Blue.
ESPN.com's Andy Katz offers a preview of the West Coast Conference basketball season.
"BYU has the talent to win the WCC, but coach Dave Rose is concerned that none of his players have played in any of the league's unique gyms," Katz writes. "Then again, none of the WCC players have experienced the raucous Marriott Center, either. Fact is, the Cougars are a different team now with UCLA transfer Matt Carlino as the do-everything guard. He is a playmaker and is averaging 17.3 points and 4.8 assists in the first four games of his college career. If Carlino had been eligible from the start, BYU would've likely won its opener at Utah State and at least come closer against Wisconsin."
Sacramento Kings rookie Jimmer Fredette scored a team-high, and career-high 17 points in a losing effort Tuesday night.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22