Blue roundup: BYUtv offers up look at greatest plays of 2011
BYU's inaugural season of independence was filled with many memorable moments, from game-winning, last-minute touchdown passes by Riley Nelson, to Matt Reynolds' helmet-less block, to Cody Hoffman's kickoff return for a touchdown.
Watch the greatest plays from the '11 campaign, courtesy of BYUtv's True Blue.
ESPN.com's Andy Katz offers a preview of the West Coast Conference basketball season.
"BYU has the talent to win the WCC, but coach Dave Rose is concerned that none of his players have played in any of the league's unique gyms," Katz writes. "Then again, none of the WCC players have experienced the raucous Marriott Center, either. Fact is, the Cougars are a different team now with UCLA transfer Matt Carlino as the do-everything guard. He is a playmaker and is averaging 17.3 points and 4.8 assists in the first four games of his college career. If Carlino had been eligible from the start, BYU would've likely won its opener at Utah State and at least come closer against Wisconsin."
Sacramento Kings rookie Jimmer Fredette scored a team-high, and career-high 17 points in a losing effort Tuesday night.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24