Blendtec, which gained notoriety by blending anything from an iPhone to a Wii remote or a glow stick, will expand its manufacturing facilities in Orem.
Blendtec will add 100,000 square feet, or 59 percent, to its 170,000-square-foot facility. The company will add more than 100 new jobs in the "coming years," Blendtec in a statement. When finished, the new facility will include a cafeteria for employees and a health care clinic with medical and dental offices for employees' families.
The expansion to the facility is designed to allow greater in house marketing for the American-made blenders, which are sold in 90 countries across the globe.
The plant will host the event Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. with gubernatorial candidate Morgan Philpot speaking. Tom Dickson, founder of the company and host of the "Will It Blend" viral internet series, will also speak at the ceremony.
- Yellen faces GOP criticism over weak economic...
- How the UK could remain in the EU even if it...
- US new-home sales tumbled in May after a...
- Markets reel as world absorbs shock of UK...
- Asian stocks mixed as markets await Brexit...
- Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Photos: Ancestry opens new headquarters in Lehi
- Trial ordered for politician accused of... 7
- What Costco shoppers should know about... 5
- Costco begins new credit card agreement 4
- Emery County defrauded out of nearly... 4
- GOP gubernatorial candidate Jonathan... 4
- Yellen faces GOP criticism over weak... 3
- Delta pilots picket for better pay in... 3
- Director calls DEA raid of his... 2