Blendtec, which gained notoriety by blending anything from an iPhone to a Wii remote or a glow stick, will expand its manufacturing facilities in Orem.
Blendtec will add 100,000 square feet, or 59 percent, to its 170,000-square-foot facility. The company will add more than 100 new jobs in the "coming years," Blendtec in a statement. When finished, the new facility will include a cafeteria for employees and a health care clinic with medical and dental offices for employees' families.
The expansion to the facility is designed to allow greater in house marketing for the American-made blenders, which are sold in 90 countries across the globe.
The plant will host the event Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. with gubernatorial candidate Morgan Philpot speaking. Tom Dickson, founder of the company and host of the "Will It Blend" viral internet series, will also speak at the ceremony.
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- Retail sales are up since last month
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for hiring...
- Chinese city creates cellphone sidewalk lane
- How employers can improve the nation's health
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park City,...
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Parents are short changing their girls... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Prosecutor: Plant owner OK'd tainted... 1
- 4 Reasons shoppers will shrug off Home... 1