Blendtec, which gained notoriety by blending anything from an iPhone to a Wii remote or a glow stick, will expand its manufacturing facilities in Orem.
Blendtec will add 100,000 square feet, or 59 percent, to its 170,000-square-foot facility. The company will add more than 100 new jobs in the "coming years," Blendtec in a statement. When finished, the new facility will include a cafeteria for employees and a health care clinic with medical and dental offices for employees' families.
The expansion to the facility is designed to allow greater in house marketing for the American-made blenders, which are sold in 90 countries across the globe.
The plant will host the event Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. with gubernatorial candidate Morgan Philpot speaking. Tom Dickson, founder of the company and host of the "Will It Blend" viral internet series, will also speak at the ceremony.
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3