Blendtec, which gained notoriety by blending anything from an iPhone to a Wii remote or a glow stick, will expand its manufacturing facilities in Orem.
Blendtec will add 100,000 square feet, or 59 percent, to its 170,000-square-foot facility. The company will add more than 100 new jobs in the "coming years," Blendtec in a statement. When finished, the new facility will include a cafeteria for employees and a health care clinic with medical and dental offices for employees' families.
The expansion to the facility is designed to allow greater in house marketing for the American-made blenders, which are sold in 90 countries across the globe.
The plant will host the event Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. with gubernatorial candidate Morgan Philpot speaking. Tom Dickson, founder of the company and host of the "Will It Blend" viral internet series, will also speak at the ceremony.
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- EPA: Gas mileage inflated on 4 Mini Cooper...
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the workplace....
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination law...
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on courage...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Survey: Harassment a common part of online life
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- Another year, another small Social... 2
- Survey: Harassment a common part of... 2
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep expectations... 1