Blendtec, which gained notoriety by blending anything from an iPhone to a Wii remote or a glow stick, will expand its manufacturing facilities in Orem.
Blendtec will add 100,000 square feet, or 59 percent, to its 170,000-square-foot facility. The company will add more than 100 new jobs in the "coming years," Blendtec in a statement. When finished, the new facility will include a cafeteria for employees and a health care clinic with medical and dental offices for employees' families.
The expansion to the facility is designed to allow greater in house marketing for the American-made blenders, which are sold in 90 countries across the globe.
The plant will host the event Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. with gubernatorial candidate Morgan Philpot speaking. Tom Dickson, founder of the company and host of the "Will It Blend" viral internet series, will also speak at the ceremony.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric bus...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 7
- 3 ways you can save money on movie... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2