SALT LAKE CITY — Online retailer Overstock.com Inc. Tuesday announced that it has selected the Priceline Partner Network — a business unit of priceline.com — to power Overstock’s new travel website called O.co Travel.
Under the new agreement, customers will have access to a large collection of travel services from the Priceline Partner Network, including Priceline’s Name Your Own Price. O.co Travel customers also will have access to Priceline’s extensive database of hotel instant discounts, free breakfast and free Internet access. The new travel site will also support rental car company discount codes, giving customers the ability to book rental car reservations worldwide as well as airline ticketing with almost all major airlines through priceline.com.
“Our partnership with priceline.com allows us to offer customers an in-depth travel site,” said Overstock.com President Jonathan Johnson. “With Priceline’s lineup of travel services, including Name Your Own Price, our customers can be sure they’re getting the best travel deals available on the Internet today.”
Overstock.com has built a brand that is known for saving consumers money across a broad spectrum of products, said Randy Schartner, president of the Priceline Partner Network.
“We believe that Priceline’s broad array of travel services, which are also focused on delivering savings, will fit well with Overstock.com’s products and mission,” he said.
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Overstock.com is one of the largest Internet-based retailer in the nation with revenues topping $1 billion in 2010 and approximately 1,500 employees.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 13