"OTHER HEROES OF THE BOOK OF MORMON," by James H. Fullmer, Covenant Communications, $21.99, 220 pages (nf)
You know Nephi, Alma, Captain Moroni and Mormon.
But do you know Aminadab, Abish, Zeniff and Lib?
Their names may not be prominent, but they still matter in the Book of Mormon.
Author and illustrator James H. Fullmer has spent countless hours writing and drawing to bring their stories to life in his new book, "Other Heroes of the Book of Mormon."
"During my years of teaching seminary, I came to appreciate many of the stories that are not well known," Fullmer wrote in the author's notes. "In these 'smaller' stories, I found people I could really relate to. ... They were not perfect, but the Lord still had a great work for them to do."
The book, which contains 220 full-color pages and more than 100 illustrations, timelines and maps, provides a vivid glimpse into ancient America through the stories of those who had relatively minor roles in the Book of Mormon. Each narrative is also accompanied by references to key scriptural passages and Fullmer's insights at the end of each chapter.
"Feel free to simply enjoy the stories," Fullmer wrote. "My deepest hope is that these stories will excite and inspire you to take a closer look at the Book of Mormon."
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- Which bible do Americans read most?
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- Returned Mormon missionary chasing big league...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere illusion?
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 116
- British judge hears arguments in case... 42
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,... 27
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,... 19
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to... 17