It was quite a weekend for BYU.
There was the dramatic, come-from-behind victory in the Armed Forces Bowl sandwiched between the Cougars' first two basketball games as members of the West Coast Conference. BYU fell at Saint Mary's, but bounced back with a big win over San Diego.
In hoops, forward Brandon Davies is on a tear lately, scoring a career-high 28 points against Saint Mary's and pulling down a career-high 22 rebounds against San Diego.
And, finally, former BYU star Jimmer Fredette is learning to shoot against taller defenders.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25