'Come Unto Me' includes daily scriptures and words of the prophets
"COME UNTO ME: Daily Scriptures and Quotes from the Book of Mormon," Ed J. Pinegar and Richard J. Allen, Covenant Communications, $11.99, 428 pages (nf)
"Come Unto Me," a pocket-size book, was designed with three purposes in mind.
"To brighten your day, kindle the glow of spiritual awareness in your life and stimulate prayerful consideration of many of the grand gospel themes that are aligned with 'a godly walk and conversation," wrote authors Ed J. Pinegar and Richard J. Allen.
"Come Unto Me" was also intended to enhance gospel learning as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints study the Book of Mormon in Sunday School in 2012. The small volume contains scriptures from the Book of Mormon that are paired with insightful quotes from latter-day prophets.
"We sincerely hope this anthology will serve as a daily uplift of spirit and testimony and a helpful source of wisdom for lessons, talks, leadership training, and family home evening sessions," wrote Pinegar and Allen in the preface. "May we all feast on the word of the Lord more often, gratefully listen to the counsel of our inspired leaders more willingly, and humbly seek to follow God's will with increased conviction and devotion. The object is to hear the voice of the Lord more surely in our lives each day — and to obey in faith and hope."
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Super Bowl quarterback Tom Brady relies on...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- 'Studio C' cast talks to LDS teens about...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 200
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 36
- LDS statement could move Utah... 30
- See why this Christian mother is giving... 20
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 18
- Defending the Faith: Rethinking... 16
- The public doesn't trust that... 13