Utah Jazz getting drilled at halftime from outside by Spurs, 54-39
SAN ANTONIO — New York City drops the famous apple at midnight in Times Square to ring in the new year.
The Alamo City apparently has a different New Year's Eve celebration method. Here at the AT&T Center, the Spurs drop in a flurry of 3-point swishes.
The Spurs were 8-for-10 from the 3-point line in the first half as a team.
San Antonio's barrage of long bombs and a odious offensive performance by the Utah Jazz has the Spurs leading 54-39 at halftime Saturday.
Manu Ginobili has done the most damage, drilling 5 of 6 3-pointers for 19 points. At one point, the versatile sharpshooter scored eight points in a row, giving San Antonio a double-digit lead that it built on in the second quarter.
Meanwhile, the Jazz have struggled mightily on offense.
Reminiscent of their season-opening dud against the Lakers, the Jazz are shooting 35 percent.
Utah has received a solid first-half outing by center Al Jefferson, whose inflamed right ankle improved enough to allow him to play after missing Friday's win.
Big Al has hit 7-of-12 shots for 14 points. The rest of the Jazz: 11-for-39 (28 percent).
- BYU football: The Nebraska Cornhuskers in 6...
- Red and blue recruits: Jaren Hall excited for...
- Cougars respect Nebraska, but say they...
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has...
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault, riot...
- The top 25 NBA players under 25: Where do...
- Dick Harmon: College predictions: Utes to...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as too...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 76
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 69
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 36
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 28
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 27