Utah Jazz getting drilled at halftime from outside by Spurs, 54-39
SAN ANTONIO — New York City drops the famous apple at midnight in Times Square to ring in the new year.
The Alamo City apparently has a different New Year's Eve celebration method. Here at the AT&T Center, the Spurs drop in a flurry of 3-point swishes.
The Spurs were 8-for-10 from the 3-point line in the first half as a team.
San Antonio's barrage of long bombs and a odious offensive performance by the Utah Jazz has the Spurs leading 54-39 at halftime Saturday.
Manu Ginobili has done the most damage, drilling 5 of 6 3-pointers for 19 points. At one point, the versatile sharpshooter scored eight points in a row, giving San Antonio a double-digit lead that it built on in the second quarter.
Meanwhile, the Jazz have struggled mightily on offense.
Reminiscent of their season-opening dud against the Lakers, the Jazz are shooting 35 percent.
Utah has received a solid first-half outing by center Al Jefferson, whose inflamed right ankle improved enough to allow him to play after missing Friday's win.
Big Al has hit 7-of-12 shots for 14 points. The rest of the Jazz: 11-for-39 (28 percent).
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke comes off...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 36
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 27