Utah Jazz getting drilled at halftime from outside by Spurs, 54-39
SAN ANTONIO — New York City drops the famous apple at midnight in Times Square to ring in the new year.
The Alamo City apparently has a different New Year's Eve celebration method. Here at the AT&T Center, the Spurs drop in a flurry of 3-point swishes.
The Spurs were 8-for-10 from the 3-point line in the first half as a team.
San Antonio's barrage of long bombs and a odious offensive performance by the Utah Jazz has the Spurs leading 54-39 at halftime Saturday.
Manu Ginobili has done the most damage, drilling 5 of 6 3-pointers for 19 points. At one point, the versatile sharpshooter scored eight points in a row, giving San Antonio a double-digit lead that it built on in the second quarter.
Meanwhile, the Jazz have struggled mightily on offense.
Reminiscent of their season-opening dud against the Lakers, the Jazz are shooting 35 percent.
Utah has received a solid first-half outing by center Al Jefferson, whose inflamed right ankle improved enough to allow him to play after missing Friday's win.
Big Al has hit 7-of-12 shots for 14 points. The rest of the Jazz: 11-for-39 (28 percent).
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5 in...
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Kent Myers should have started for...
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to Utah next...
- In critical situations, BYU offense, defense...
- BYU report card: Defense holds its own...
- Nerves? Not for Alec Burks, Utah Jazz going...
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- Dick Harmon: After week of soul... 40
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 31
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 26
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck says... 23
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 22
- New Utah basketball facility has high... 21
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20