'Lehi's Dream' uses both art, scholarship to share story
Provided by Deseret Book
"LEHI'S DREAM," art by James C. Christensen, text by Robert L. Millet, Deseret Book, $24.99, 73 pages (nf)
Artist James C. Christensen has created about a dozen new images in his signature, colorful style to depict Lehi's dream of the Tree of Life found in 1 Nephi 8 in the Book of Mormon. Intermixed with corresponding scriptures, Robert Millet offers insight into the various elements of the dream, including the iron rod, the great and spacious building, the different multitudes and how the dream can be related to the reader.
The format is similar to a picture book, and the artist's paintings can help children understand the story, while parents and others can further study through Millet's writings.
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 148
- Why I don’t call myself a... 91
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 26
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 12