Looking back: “It would not be an overstatement to say that Mormons, or rather members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, have had a BIG year in 2011! From a Mormon blogger's perspective, and as one who tries to keep up with everything 'Mormon,' I finally reached a point where I had to say ‘uncle’!” So declares this blogger, who outlines why 2011 was “What a Year for Mormons.” Click in for more about what made being a Mormon in 2011 so amazing!
And I loved this Canadian news snippet that Mormonopia featured about how “2011 (was) the year Mormonism went mainstream." They conclude “(In 2011) people began to say, ‘We have something to learn from these Mormons.’ ” Awesome.
Looking forward: It’s an oldie (well a year old) but a goodie, especially since it’s perfect for the weekend. Please enjoy this Mormon Message video on “New Year’s: Look Not Behind Thee” as part of your ringing in festivities.
Best books: LDS author and Newbery Honor Award winner Shannon Hale takes a look back at some “2011 Great Reads.” Find a favorite (or two or three) from her handy list!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4