"400 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ABOUT THE BOOK OF MORMON," by Susan Easton Black, Covenant Communications, $17.99, 242 pages (nf)
Starting with "What is the importance of Joseph Smith's role as a translator of the Book of Mormon?" and ending with "After all the testimonies given of the Book of Mormon, the key question is 'What do you think of the book?'" Brigham Young University professor Susan Easton Black clearly and concisely explores the Book of Mormon in "400 Questions & Answers about the Book of Mormon."
Divided into several sections, including "The Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon," "The Book of Mormon Is a Testament of Jesus Christ," "The Small Plates of Nephi," "Abridgement by Mormon," "The Plates of Ether" and "Moroni's Farewell," Black chronologically goes through the Book of Mormon, giving background and quotes from general authorities to explain the meanings of verses and passages.
It's a guide designed to be read alongside the Book of Mormon and would benefit those who are familiar with the book and want a deeper study.
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere illusion?
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- Match the Relief Society presidents to their...
- Mormon family featured on Boston's WCVB...
- Returned Mormon missionary chasing big league...
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 110
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 71
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 39
- 'Cosmos' return puts science and... 36
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 31
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,... 27
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 23