"400 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ABOUT THE BOOK OF MORMON," by Susan Easton Black, Covenant Communications, $17.99, 242 pages (nf)
Starting with "What is the importance of Joseph Smith's role as a translator of the Book of Mormon?" and ending with "After all the testimonies given of the Book of Mormon, the key question is 'What do you think of the book?'" Brigham Young University professor Susan Easton Black clearly and concisely explores the Book of Mormon in "400 Questions & Answers about the Book of Mormon."
Divided into several sections, including "The Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon," "The Book of Mormon Is a Testament of Jesus Christ," "The Small Plates of Nephi," "Abridgement by Mormon," "The Plates of Ether" and "Moroni's Farewell," Black chronologically goes through the Book of Mormon, giving background and quotes from general authorities to explain the meanings of verses and passages.
It's a guide designed to be read alongside the Book of Mormon and would benefit those who are familiar with the book and want a deeper study.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16